Tuesday, October 24, 2006

my weekend...

What seemed like what would have been another chill and relax (code for dull) evening at home turned out to be quite interesting… was talking to my friend, AO, online… asking why he was still at work at 7:30pm on a Friday evening (he works a 9 to 5 job)… anyways, after a few minutes of talking, he said he’d call me later… I didn’t think much of it… it was just a way to end the convo… til he called me like an hour later, talking about let’s hang out… now, me and AO, use to hang out/talk /date for a few weeks back in the spring, but we haven’t really hung out in a while and we don’t really talk that often… anyways, with my sprained ankle I wobbled myself up and got dressed to go over and watch a movie with… it was cool, although I didn’t intend on staying long, I ended up spending the night at his place just cause I had to be in DC really early in the morning and he lived closer to DC than I did (he live 15 minutes away from DC, where as I liked 50 minutes away from DC, so you see it made perfect sense)… and No nothing happened, which was cool with me… it was nice just to be able to hang out with him and know he wasn’t expecting anything to happen… we talked about a bunch of things… watched a movie… fell asleep… it was really nice actually… anyways, I always wondered what could have been with AO… but due to circumstances that happened earlier this year (read these earlier posts... both are about AO... post 1 & post 2 ), I doubt that things will ever really progress past friendship with AO… which on one hand is cool, cause he’s such a great guy, really sweet, the perfect gentleman, the perfect friend to lean on… but that’s also what would make him a great bf… doesn’t matter now though, cause we’re in the friend zone… hmmm, if only….

The rest of the weekend was cool… relaxing… One of my friends, JB, actually, he use to be my best friend (maybe still is) really proved himself to me this weekend… I had kinda started to lost some faith in him, cause his attitude at times was not best and then we weren’t hanging out as much and things were just different between us… but he, JB, proved to me this weekend that he does value me as a friend and supports me in the things that I do… made me really appreciate him & our friendship… spent all of Sunday at his house and I realized how much I missed him and just our time together and our conversation and everything between us… it was cool…

PS… I did manage to run the 10 miles on Saturday, even with my ankle hurting… but its almost back to a 100% now… so I’m back on track…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you go with that 10 miles i would be struggling with one ... glad to hear that your weekend wasnt boring ... hope all is well!

Discombobulated Diva said...

Silly me, i forgot to add the links to earlier posts about AO... i've added them into my post... but here they are anyways:
http://discombobulateddiva.blogspot.com/2006/08/so-called-friend.html

and

http://discombobulateddiva.blogspot.com/2006/08/so-last-night-was-early-night-for-me.html