Thursday, August 10, 2006

"So-Called Friend"

So I’ve come to find out that the world, in deed, does not revolve around me… you know that whole he said she said BS from high school that you think will eventually go away once people grow the f*ck up... well it never goes away and in some cases some people just never grow up!!!

Let me explain, I was talking to this guy, AO, for a few weeks…. And I was really feeling (like he definitely had potential…) and anyways, after a while things just started getting weird all of a sudden , he became distant… and me being me, I was like I don’t have time for this BS, neither get your shit together or leave me out of it completely… anyways, he wasn’t getting his stuff together, so I was like I’m done… only to find out last night from a close confidant (some 3 months after we stopped talking), that some drama had went down… So, I had mentioned his name briefly and that we were talking to one of my ‘so-called friends’, I was like I’m really feeling this dude so please keep it to yourself about me and him (cause you know once people hear your happy, they want to ruin it for ya)… needless to say the girl didn’t keep it to herself, she ended up telling 2 people with the same day I told her… and one of the people she told called his ex-girlfriend and the ex-girlfriend called dude crying and all… talk about some straight up BS… anyways, me being me, I called the aforementioned ‘so-called friend’ once I found out about all this and asked her what happened (didn’t want to jump to conclusion, so I went straight to the source)… and she just straight up lied to me, then rushed me of the phone with ‘I’ll call you right back’… well I’m still waiting for her to call me back… and then surprising dude called me, it was just random.. said he’d been meaning to call me for the last couple of days (cause he’s a honest guy.. guy being the key word, I decided to take his word for it)… and so of course I asked him about it and he explained… and he figured that I knew about the whole situation, which of course I didn’t know about… anyways, needless to say that situation affect what could have been (who know maybe we would have stopped talking eventually anyways, but who knows!!!)

anyways, me and him stopped talking shortly after the incident, and I didn’t really understood what happened or why things ended so weirdly… but we’re still friends and all afterwards …

Anyways, now I wonder what could have been with him if all that drama hadn’t of gone down or what I would have done if I had known about it when it was happening… cause like I said I was really feeling this guy at the moment… but I guess the past is the past…

As for the ‘so-called friend’.... I’m just gonna wait to see if she calls me back… cause our worlds are very small… eventually she’s gonna run into me and won’t be able to avoid talking to me… maybe I should just let it go, but then I just can’t cause then she’ll never learn that her actions not only affect her but have consequences for the people that confide in her as well… and I just really want her to know I didn’t appreciate that shit… and now I gotta watch what I say around her… that’s crazy, if your my friend I shouldn’t have to hold my tongue around you… guess I won’t be hanging out with her anymore!

1 comment:

DivineLavender said...

Sometimes you have to learn the "hard" way to know whom to confide in and whom not to do so. At least, this was a relationship that can either be maintained, ended, shorten, etc, etc and not some life or death type of situation. It seems you still have your life.

Imagine for folks whom are HIV positive and some dumb ass loosed lipped, money hungry HR department learns of your status and fires you for some bullshit as reason.

I want to give you a bit of perspective on this situation.

Nice post!