Monday, October 09, 2006

what's next for me...

its monday and another weekend has gone by... right now i'm in a state of confusion... i been contemplating the idea of going to do a one year MBA program in London… I’m not quite sure how the idea got planted in my head or when I actually first considered it, but now its on my mind all the time and I’m definitely giving it some serious consideration… I’ve mentioned it to a few significant individuals in my life to get their take on it… my dad say whatever I want to do, he’ll support but I just have to be mindful of the future (in other terms, when am I getting married)… my sister thinks it’ll do a lot of good for me and that i can still do it cause I’m definitely young enough to do it and i still have time… my ex,L (who lives in London) things it’ll be a good idea if I’m coming for education and to enrich myself as an individual (in other words, he wants to make sure that I’m not coming for his sake, to be with him or to explore the option of him & I getting back together… I guess that’s understandable)…. And the one person I haven’t talked to yet, it my oldest brother, he has a lot on his plate at the moment so I don’t want to stress him anymore than he already is, but his opinion is so important… I’ll have to find a moment to ask him what he thinks… beside all of the opinions and so on, I think it would be good for me for some many reasons, I can move on to the next stage of life, pursing a mba is definitely something I’ve wanted to do for a while, living in London would be a great experience (so much culture, fashion and etc)… and London may give me the opportunity to meet the man of my dreams, it would take me away from all the semi-relationships that I get involved in, and all the usually people that are around here in MD… I’d hopefully be able to meet someone and not worry about who his last girl was and so on and all the drama that comes with a small Naija population… the negatives… I’d miss a year out of the lives of my nephew and niece and my entire family and that would be so hard for me… I know what its like to be away, when I went away to another state for undergrad, I felt like I missed out on so much with my family, but I also felt like it was the best decision I every made to go to an out of state school, I really learned a lot about myself and who I wanted to be… and I’d never exchange that experience for anything… and it made me appreciate my family much more when I did move back home after undergrad…

but then again I think, maybe moving to London is not the solution, maybe its just be running from whatever it is here that I don’t like… I just don’t know… but for now, I’m gonna proceed with caution… gonna weight all my options, look at all the advantages & disadvantages of going to school abroad or just living my day to day life here… decisions, decisions, decisions…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thin about it, just sit for a moment and think....

Discombobulated Diva said...

i'm trying to, but it would be such a major change for me... but i think it would be a good change...

LondonBuki said...

Yeah, it's a good idea to think things through and pray about it.

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel ... i feel like i say that alot ... oh well ...lol im weighing the options too of studying out of the US ... but my back up plan really is to apply out of the states and too a whole bunch of places here too ... so that at least ill have options ... you may want to think about that ... but i am mos def getting away ... i stayed close to home for undergrad ... and while it hads its benefits ... AI needs to grow up on her own a bit!

Discombobulated Diva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Discombobulated Diva said...

thanks ya'll... i'm definitely gonna put some serious thought into it... but i feel like i got the sign I was asking/praying for earlier today that I am headed in the right direction... so I'm gonna go and prepare to take the GMAT... and from there see what B-School in London that I can get into... i can start preparing now, but I still have some time to make sure it the right decision before the time comes...

Unknown said...

How about Cyprus? Just discovered they've got some good universities there too and their fees are ridiculous compared to fees in london!! $1500 per year.

Ok!! Alright!! Dont bite my head off - its only a suggestion!!! (smile)