Friday, October 20, 2006

its friday... good guy/bad guy???

Its finally friday, which would usually put a smile on my face :-)... but when i got out of bed this morning, my ankle was hurting.... now that wouldn't be a big deal except that I'm training for a marathon and I have to run 10 miles tomorrow (saturday) morning.... hmmmm.... and i know i should take it easy, but i have to run tomorrow... gotta ice up my ankle for the rest of the evening if i want a chance to even be able to run tomorrow...

anyways, on to more interesting things... last weekend while at work, there was a CD playing at work and this guy asked if i could make him a copy, asked me to jot down my number so he could call bout the CD... no biggie in my mind... since we were busy, I wrote my number down, passed him the piece of paper and went back to work... and as he walked out he menioned something like he once had my phone number. I was like, ok... but was too busy to engage in convo with him...
then he calls me yesterday evening... and I kinda was just a bit thrown off... and to tell u the truth, i don't even know his name... I tried to ask, but can't really hear him whenever he says his name.... he's a regular at the place where i work, or at least i've seen him before and thought he was aiight looking and was kinda interested, but never really thought much more past that... and now he's all talking bout when am i gonna make time to hang out with him... hmmm, can we have a few convo's before I decide if i even want to hang out with you... guess we'll see where this goes... sad thing is that i'm not very excited... i don't know if it just cause i'm in a really chill mode in life at the moment or what...
I'm trying to keep my options and mind open about this situation... only time will tell...

looking forward to a nice and relax weekend... gotta get some studying done for the GMAT and work on some applications for B School...


On a completely different note... I was talking with my friend, YA, earlier this week... and we were having a heart to heart about a bunch of things... YA and I use to hang out and chill, but we never really developed into any much just cause he had a lot going on and so did I... and he started tripping (which he later apologized for) and i didn't have the patience to deal with it... anyways, we eventually became friends and now we talk fairly often... anyways, he was talking about his gf, and how hard it is for him not to cheat on her... especially since she's away at school over an hour away... they had the convo, where she said that he could pretty much do anything he wanted, just as long as she didn't know about it and he didn't disrespect her... so basically she gave him the pass to pretty much cheat on her as long he keeps it under wraps... I was like WHAT... well, ok, I do kinda understand where she may be coming from, but she's just so young and naive (she's 3 years younger than me & YA)... I honestly couldn't do it... I couldn't be dating a man, if he wasn't all about me and only me... and even though he has this pass from his gf to do whatever he wants, he says he's trying to be a good boy and not do anything, that he doesn't want her to settle... which would definitely make him the good guy... I just don't understand why a girl would allow a guy to cheat on you, much less tell him its ok as long as she doesn't find out about it...
Now YA would have been the good guy, except when I texted him later that same night, he replied and the first half of the text made no sense at all, it was a little suspicious... then he texted me again say oh, that i shouldn't pay attention to the first half of the last text he sent me earlier, that he sent the wrong text... its interesting cause the text he told me disregard was a text about meeting up with someone and hanging out (and No, not the hanging out with your boys type of text, the type of text that you send to a girl...)... anyways, that just left me wondering if all that BS he said about how he was trying to stay focused and not cheat was all a bunch of BS and that he was still doing whatever it was he wanted to do, but just keeping it under wraps... i honestly don't know, but i do hope that he's not cheating... cause what goes around comes around... so for his sake and even more for his girlfriend's sake I hope he's not cheating on her...

No comments: