Monday, October 30, 2006

my college crush...

first, let me say I am NOT boycrazy... anyways on with the story...


Ok, so you know how there’s that guy that you are friends with and you’ve had a crush on forever… well I have one of those… there’s this guy from college, SO, met him my freshman year back in 2000 in college… Quick background: we were always friends in college and always spoke, and we always had that connection cause we were both Nigerian… but in college he was very focused on education and very religious. He was the perfect guy in every girls mind at my school. We all use to just wonder what was up with him… I mean, he was smart, focused, handsome, well dressed, polite… he was the perfect guy, and thru out college he didn’t date a single girl just cause of his religious beliefs and so on… so anyways, after school ended he stayed in the area of where we went to school and I promptly moved back to Bmore… and we’d talk occasionally and would run into each other at homecoming and other events… anyways, last December he moved to DC… this was the opportunity. And he had matured a lot since our college years, he was still religious but more experimental, like he went out to clubs, parties, drank and all… it was nice to see a different side of him. And even though he lives just up the street in DC, we don’t hang out too often cause of schedules, but we talk fairly often and do get a chance to get together every once in a while…

Anyways, so when I had my party in the beginning of September, a lot of things came out… Needless to say my party was a blast and I drank way more than I should have, but that’s a story for another day… anyways, the party was cool, SO bought me my first drink at the party (it was at a club in DC)… anyways, a few days after the party as I was going thru pictures of the party, I began to notice a pattern… there are A LOT of picture of me and SO, dancing, hugging, holding hand and so on (SO had a good amount to drink that nite as well, but he was not drunk)… at first I thought maybe its just my pictures that are like that, but as I began to check out my friends’ cameras and pictures, it was a reoccurring theme in everyone’s picture, me and SO, we pretty much together the entire night… and then of course people began uploading pictures on to Facebook and tagging me… that’s when I realized how bad it was, there a bunch of pictures from some many people tagging me and him in pictures and then of course, the comments started coming in… are you guys dating or you guys look good together and so on and so on.. I promptly removed most of the tags of me and SO on facebook… now it wouldn’t be a big deal cause SO isn’t on facebook, but when one of our friends from college calls him to ask SO if he and I were dating, imagine me turning bright red… anyways, a couple of weeks ago me and my girl AB had an happy hour, and SO came thru… and towards the end of the happy hour as we were getting ready to leave and it was just me and SO talking, he all of a sudden asks, so where’s your boyfriend… WHAT??? That’s a topic me and him have NEVER talked about… and in return, I asked where’s his gf… he claims he doesn’t have one… we actually talked about it for a few minutes before our convo was interrupted… then yesterday I went to my friend’s housewarming party, which happened to be about 5 blocks from his place, so I called him to see if he was coming, and I told him I was only staying for an hour cause I had to get back to Bmore to get some stuff done and that’s we talk later… approximately an hour after our convo he calls me back saying oh, I’m not gonna make it to the housewarming before you leave, wanna stop by my place for a few minutes… so I headed over and hung out with him for a few minutes, met his cousin (his cousin is really cool…)… we talked for a bit… then I headed out and SO is like oh, let me walk you to your car, I wanna see this new car of yours and so on… there’s always that tension, its not really an awkward tension or anything like that, its more like we both are aware of the situation, but never really do anything about it

Truth is, I still kinda like SO, but I dunno if its because I feel like he’s unattainable or is it because he seems so perfect from the outside… would I really date him, if given the opportunity… probably, just to see what could happen…
It was cool to see him yesterday though (it was the highlight of the weekend), I always enjoy my time with him… Every time I hang out with SO on a one on one basis, all this just always pops into my mind….

Hmmm…. Going to the gym this afternoon :-)….

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i aint mad at you... do your thing girl ... and whoever said there was anything wrong with being boy crazy... plus last time i checked way back in grade school it had something to do with tickling behind your thigh...lol... plus im quite sure youre dealin with grown men!

Anonymous said...

hmmm... not boy crazy... more like the boys are crazy about you ;)
i sense the beginning of....a new "friendship", and i cant wait to see what happens with SO. He needs to get on his game though.. and make his intentions better known. Also, Diva... we need to talk about you and this "bottle" issue that keeps coming up..lol

Chick, i need some motivation! i need to get my arse back to the gym **sigh**

Naijadude said...

Hmmm....I bet you know your way around him , why dont you just close your eyes and let fate do the rest? haha ! I know its not easy to have a crush on someone and not be able to go ahead with it. It is well jare my sister!

I need to get some motivation for the gym as well, even though Nicole Richie fat pass me! hahah

Anonymous said...

Get up on SO!!!! At least try and go out on a few dates nad feel him out. He is definitely interested from what you say!

Discombobulated Diva said...

hmmm... i'll see what happens with SO... but i don't want to make things akward between us, if he isn't really interested... i guess i'll arrange for me and him to hang out one of these days and take it from there....