Monday, April 02, 2007

Back from my Road Trip and back in action...

So, I’ve been a little MIA… to say at the least…
So much has been going on that I’m not quite sure where to begin… so here goes…

So, I just got back from my road trip on Friday… and here’s a quick run down of the road trip…
Day 1: Maryland to Virginia to Powell, Tennessee… we got there late and left early the next morning
Day 2: Powell Tennessee to Memphis, Tennessee… we stayed in Memphis for the night… went to the Civil Rights Museum (which was a great experience) and then went out to get some real BBQ for dinner (hmmmm, good… what diet??), stopped at a liquor store, guess we were on the wrong side of town but needless to say I’ve never been so scared in my life, then went out to Beale Street later in the evening with one of our college buddies that lives in Memphis… interesting does not capture the description of the range of people we saw on Beale St…

Day 3: Memphis, TN to Oklahoma City… Didn’t do much in Oklahoma, just chilled

Day 4: Oklahoma to Texas to Albuquerque, NM… Really nice place, saw a lot of Native American artwork and jewelry… pick up some really unique and cute stuff… the food was just ok

Day 5: Albuquerque, NM to Arkansas to Las Vegas, NV… Vegas was great of course… lots of drinking and party… danced on the bar at Coyote Ugly… meet some random guys from NC that we hung out with for a little bit…

Day 6: Las Vegas, NV to Cali… LA is great and all, but its not all its cracked up to be… it just wasn’t what I was expecting… Went to the Hollywood Blvd to go see the stars on the sidewalk, which was ok… when to the Beverly center and got some shopping done (that was great), went to little Tokyo and had some great Japanese food for dinner.

Day 7: Flew from Cali back to MD…

Other random notes about the trip… we saw the Hoover Dam, it massive, the sight of it is really cool… saw some beautiful landscape… this country is much more beautiful than I give it credit for… we stopped in a small town called McClean in Texas, this town totally missed the 20th century, it only had 600 people in the entire town, no really stop lights and only one grade of gas (regular)… sure we made them nervous when they saw 3 black females walking into the gas station… the town was quite a site…

All in all... the trip was great; I had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed myself…


BTW… things are going great with the accountant… I’ll have an update on the next post…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

but its not all its cracked up to be… it just wasn’t what I was expecting…

Lol. I'll pretend I didn't see that. Good to see you had fun.

Anonymous said...

sounds exciting!!! i had my experience with dancin on th bar at coyote ugly ... good time ... im interested to hear about this accountant!

Discombobulated Diva said...

@Mochafella... maybe i just didn't see the right parts of Hollywood... I haven't totally written it off, so be sure i'll be back to visit Cali :-)...

@AI... Coyote Ugly is always alot of fun... i'm takin my time with the Accountant and hoping that things go well... onlt time will tell though :-)...