Wednesday, April 25, 2007

So grateful...

So I’ve been thinking about the last couple of months in my life, just reflecting and I’ve realized that I’ve done a lot in my short years alive, but even a lot more since I’ve turn 24 last September… there’s this grand list of things that I want to accomplish during my life time, and I’ve been making strives to do those things… two major things that I’ve done since I turned 24 were running and finishing my first (and probably only) marathon and the second being that I got a chance to drive cross country from MD to Cali… There are many other things on my list of things to do in life, while some of them I have to accomplish on my own and before I settle down but most of them are things that I hope to be able to accomplish with my family (husband and children)… such as traveling the world (like taking a trip to South Africa (which I have planned for 2010) and a trip to China (which is also in the works for 2008)… I’m excited about the trip to China, my friends and I are going to China for 11 days, where we’ll travel to Beijing (and attending some Olympic events), as well as going to going to 4 other major cities including Shanghai )… anyways, I just realize that sometime when I’m having one of my quarter life moments about not having direction in my life, not doing anything with my life and feeling lost, I forget to take a step back and take a look at the amazing life that I have and be appreciative of everything that I’ve been given… and today, although I don’t know what my future holds for me, I am grateful for everything that I have…

I’m grateful that I have options to choose from about whether I’m going to the UK or not and if I do go I have options of where and what I want to do, I’m grateful for having a family that understands my selfish needs to explore the world and for encouraging and supporting me in whatever endeavors that I want to pursue as long as it is a positive one… I’m grateful for having some of the best friends in the world, they are like my personal cheerleaders who are always straight with me and tell me like it is and I love them for it. I’m grateful for being a strong individual who has high standards, who expects a lot from herself and her loved ones and a person who is motivated to try and experience new things… I’m grateful for all the opportunities and experiences I’ve had thus far, they’ve made my life interesting and have taught me a lot about myself and life in general... I’m just so grateful for all of this and so much more…

Let us be grateful to people who make us happy: They are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. ~Marcel Proust

I don't know what the future may hold, but I know who holds the future. --Ralph Abernathy

When the student is ready. . . the lesson appears. Gene

The past is a source of knowledge, and the future is a source of hope. Love of the past implies faith in the future. Stephen Ambrose

Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely. Rodin

Whatever is meant to be will work out perfectly ~Avril Laveign

3 comments:

Jameil said...

word. sometimes we just have to step back and admire our lives. thanks for this post.

Unknown said...

You're so right, it's so easy to focus on what we want to do that we forget to look back on how much we have done and how fortunate we are.

You've done so much that you should be proud of and it sounds like you've got so much more to come. Good luck making all your decisions.

Anonymous said...

you should be proud of yourself
Live your dream babes!

CNG