Monday, April 16, 2007

What a weekend… okay… I’ve made a pledge to get back to blogging on a regular basis…. This post is gonna be a bit long… I’m gonna update you all on different things that have been going on in my life and in my mind…

The accountant… I like him, no doubt… but (and there’s always a but)… the more I get to know him the more I realize that he’s not ready for a relationship for various reasons… he was engaged a few years ago to a girl that he dated for 4 and a half years (but she ended up cheating on him and just ended up taking him for granted and treating him really badly in general)… I understand that he doesn’t want to repeat the same mistakes as he did with his ex in his past, but he’s changed his views on so many things and just seems so jaded about relationships and marriage in general… he’s done a complete 180 on his personality and attitude because he so determined to not repeated his past mistakes and be put in a uncomfortable position again (He gave this girl everything that a girl would want and he put her first and was in general a good guy to her)… And I was telling him that I understand y he’s changed so much, but did he ever consider that it was the girl that was the issue and not him and that there was nothing he did wrong per se, but that maybe he was just with the wrong girl… and I also said that I feel like any girl that he dates in the future will continuously be paying for the mistakes of his ex… granted they broke up about 3years ago, but they were together for a long period of time and he already planned his life with her and I can only imagine (well I don’t have to imagine, I have my own experiences to take from) how he felt when things ended… I honestly don’t think he’s ready to be in a relationship because there are a lot of things that he’s still dealing with, in reference to his past and his ex… I’m trying to be as understand as I can be and just try to listen to him and advise where I can… and this past weekend while we were hanging out, we talked about a lot things like we usually do, but the overall impression I got from him was that he doesn’t want to be in a relationship or that he’s not necessarily to put someone else first… that he’s not ready to let anyone in (within the walls he’s built around his heart)… After hanging out for a while, a good amount of time, I got ready to go and he’s like no, don’t leave yet… so I obliged and stayed cause I do enjoy spending time with him… in the same breath of telling me about he’s not ready to let anyone in, he turns around and tells me that he feels so comfortable with me and so on… We talked about a lot of things in general about life and I realize that there are some things that would be hard to deal with, not to say I won’t be willing to deal with it, but it would hard.... for example, if he has an issue in his personal life, he’s just avoid it, instead of dealing with it… that would drive me crazy… I mean if I do something to upset you and u don’t like it, please speak up so that we can compromise or fix whatever the issue is… but his philosophy is that everything is avoidable… WHAT??? So if he had an issue with me, he wouldn’t tell me, he’s just pretend that things were ok, or just avoid the situation (and me being the straight forward individual that I try to be, I told him that doesn’t work well with me cause I can’t read your mind and I like to resolve issues as quickly as possible and move on… and I asked him wouldn’t u rather just resolve the issue so that you can move on instead of avoiding it… he said no, avoiding works for him)…
so anyways, on Saturday afternoon, I drove up to Philly to hang out with some friends and I called him on my way and left him a message and then I didn’t speak to him again til late Sunday night when I got back to Bmore and he was like he was calling to check up on me cause he hadn’t heard from me and so on…. And I don’t mind talking to him, actually I look forward to talking to him… we talk daily… and this is where I get confused with him… you don’t want to be in a relationship (not to say I’m rushing it, cause I’m trying to take my time with him) but then he wants to act like we’re in one when its convenient… I told him that he’s hard to read and he didn’t understand what I meant… cause I don’t know what he wants… he speaks in the 3rd person when we talk about relationships, meaning that he talking hypothetically, instead of addressing the ‘relationship’ between me and him… and I have this weird feeling that that me and him are gonna get stuck in the friend zone… but I guess only time will tell…


Ok, on to the next subject… in the last couple of weeks, both of my parents sat me down individually to talk to me about the future… especially with the prospect of me moving to the UK in a few months… they both sat me down and talked about what my plans were… now they both had very different approached to talk to me about the same issue… First, my mother told me that they prayed about me (as they do for all their children) and that it were revealed that I am very picky or choose and that I don’t always take the time to really get to know people (guys in particular)… that I’m being to choose about what I want… and I told my mother yes, I am a little choose, but I just don’t want to be unhappy… I don’t want to be left in a situation where I’m unhappy for the rest of my life or where I’m looking outside of myself and my marriage for happiness… I don’t want to be unhappy because I settle for someone who doesn’t make me happy, and besides if I’m unhappy, the entire family will be unhappy (not to sound spoiled, but if I’m unhappy it will tickle down to affect my family… that’s because my family is quite close and it just would happen that way)…but I did promise my mother I would make an effort to be more patient with people… on to my father, my father said the same things except he said that no one will ever meet every single requirement that I may have, but when I find someone that comes close to it, that I should explore it and see where it goes…

Both of my parents are right, and I’d already come to that conclusion before they spoke to me…. And it something I’m working on…

While I’m on the topic of my parents (cause I hardly every talk about them on this blog)… they both traveled home to Nigeria last week, and I know it’s a time of turmoil with the elections so please pray for their safely... but I have faith that they’ll return safe and sound back to the states… I kinda wish that they were here at the moment though, cause I’ll have to make my decision about the UK in the next couple of weeks while they’re traveling, and it’d be since just to be able to talk to them about it again before making my final decision… although I’ve talked to them extensively about the various options, and they will support me in any and every decision I make, I still want them to be here to be able to just walk into their room and talk to them…


Ok… last topic for this post, cause its starting to become a novel instead of a post… I went to Philly this weekend to hang out with my sister and her boyfriend, there was a big party there on Saturday night… the party was cool… the crazy thing was there so many people from MD… just when I thought I’d get to go to a party and see different faces, little did I know that half the faces would be from MD… but it was cool.. it was a good mix of new and old faces…

To prevent such long posts in the future… I’ll be updating my blog more often, i promise :-)....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, it is a long post indeed ... I don't really have any advice to give on the accountant, you seem to have thought the whole situation through so good luck!

I'm really picky with guys too as you've probably guessed from my most recent post. On the one hand I think it's a good thing but I think there is such a thing as too picky and as your dad said, no one will ever meet all our expectations so we need to hang on to the ones that are important to us and let all the silly or unimportant expectations go.

Good luck with all the decisions you have to make, I'm sure you'll make the right ones.

NaijaBloke said...

LOL@ur dad's advise...

Which song did u say u want?Lemme know and I can send it to u.

Take care