Thursday, February 01, 2007

Marathon Weekend... the good, the bad & the ugly...

So I’m finally back in action… I ran the marathon this past Sunday in Miami… and well I felt like hell, but I finished it and that’s all that counts!!! It was my first (and probably last) marathon and my goal was to finish it, which I did… and I did it in a decent time as well… I event got this cool metal as I ran across the finish line (as did everyone else that finished the marathon)… anyways, it was a GREAT experience and accomplishment and I’m so proud that I did it… now my friends think I’m crazy cause I want to sign up for a half marathon next month, despite all the pain I am in now… but I figure I might as take advantage of it now since I’m already trained, mentally and physically… it’ll be hard to have to re-train in the future… might as well just keep running since I’m already trained… beside spring is right around the corner and it’ll help me drop off those last couple of pounds and reach one of my 2007 goals.

Lots of other things went on in the last couple of days… Friday night New Yorker starts texting about if we have to do the Yoruba traditions… and here I am in Miami out at a late dinner with my girls (who also ran the marathon)… and I’m like what are you talking about… then he texts “the Marriage Traditions, we don’t have to do them to we?” … at this point I’m totally confused… Y are we talking about this on a Friday night when I’m in Miami and he’s in New York and should be out with his boys… I asked how he knew about the traditions and he replied, he did his homework… I just said we’d talk about it later… then Saturday rolled around and we didn’t talk much during the day cause he was working and I was enjoying sunny Miami… we finally talked later that evening before I went to bed, and we talked about the tradition for a Yoruba wedding, and what I wanted at the wedding and so on… then I told him we needed to chill about this topic (its waaaaaaaay too early to be talking about marriage)… we talked about a bunch of different things… some heavy topics, but for the most part I tried to keep it light just cause I wanted to keep my mind clear so I could get a good nite’s rest since my marathon was in the morning…

I got roughly about 4 to 5 hours of sleep Saturday nite, guess I was anxious… got up at 4 am to get ready for the marathon that started at 6am… well, we got outside and it was raining like crazy, so we started the marathon soaking wet, then it got humid and then the sun came up… not the best running conditions, but hey I finished…

Anyways, so I flew out of Miami Sunday afternoon (even though I was in excruciating pain and could barely walk) cause I had to be in NJ for a training for my job on Monday morning…. And New Yorker was gonna catch the train down so we could spend Monday evening together and we’d both leave on Tuesday… so after my training on Monday I picked up New Yorker from the train station… we had planned it out earlier in the week for New Yorker to come spend some time with me while I was in NJ for my training, but but I was nervous that he wouldn’t come or he would miss his train, but he didn’t miss the train… he got there right on time… we went to dinner and just hung out… and we went to the lunch and then to the Mall before we left on Tuesday... it was really good spending some one on one time with him… realized I like him a lot more than I thought and vice versa… he’s such a cutie… everything he did was so adorable to me and even when he got on my nerves, he was still adorable, apologizing and just being himself… I was just really comfortable with him around… I dunno, it was definitely a good experience and I’m glad he came down… I honestly can’t wait to see him again… but he did drive me crazy at times, which I told him about… but all in all, I had a great time with him… he’s very big on PDA, which doesn’t matter to me much one way or the other, I was just surprised at how open he was… and he kept making comments about being together in the future and about me being his wife and so on… the best thing about the time we spent together was how he remember some of the small comments I’ve made in the past about what I like and don’t like and how he was so considerate about…

I miss him already and now I don’t know what to do about him…. I actually thought about calling him and telling him I think he should date other people, so he doesn’t get too invested, cause from the way he was acting, he definitely is getting invested in us (and so am I to tell u the truth)… and spending all that time with him, without wanting to bite his head off made me realize that I really like him… but i’m just taking it one day at a time… and still have to remember we do have an open relationship…

6 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Congrats on completing the Marathon! I don't think I wanna try one... maybe a half marathon LATER this year! WELL DONE!

Confused Naija Girl said...

congrats on completing the marathon!!! you are cRazy I will never in my life do such a thing , I am too lAZY!! i wont give up eba and heavy foods for a month.

Simply Gorgeous said...

Congratulations, you deserve more than that! If it was me o... I would have been sprawled out at the finish line. A stretcher and ambulance would definitely have to come and get me.

In regards to S.O. it does not seem that he wants to have a open relationship anymore. But it is always a good idea to take it slow.

Keep us posted...

Naijadude said...

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....sister! why thou throw away a good thing when thou see it?....LOL
New Yorker sounds like a pretty great guy, but I understand your sentiments, you are just scared its too early and dont wanna count in as yet, lay it low, if it is getting on ur nerves tell him to chill a bit but tag along, enjoy the relationship as much as you can, unless you dont really like him!

Discombobulated Diva said...

@Londonbuki… thanks! It was a good experience, I don’t think I’ll ever do it again honestly, but I’m looking for a half marathon to get into later this year as well.

@Confused… it was hard giving up all those foods…. But I splurged this past week, eating whatever I wanted!

@Simply Gorgeous… I feel like New Yorker is always gonna tell me he wants an open relationship as long as we’re living far apart, but maybe u’re right…

@ Naijadude… New Yorker is a great guy and that’s part of what scares me with him… I don’t want to fall for him if its not really gonna work down the line… but I’m just gonna try and enjoy the relationship as much as I can….

Unknown said...

Congrats on running and finishing the marathon. Thats a great achievement. With that medal in ur pocket, the half marathon should be doodle. Best Wishes girl!!!