Friday, February 09, 2007

Friend Chronicles - Part 1...

Friend Chronicles:

So I’ve decided to start a series called Friend Chronicles…They say that your friends are a good inclination of the type of person you are... I’m not sure if I truly believe that statement, but I plan at looking at a number of my close friends and seeing if it applies to me… so I’ve decided to chronicilize (not a real word, but u know what I’m saying) my friends.. they are interesting characters… so here goes…

Entry 1… AB…I dunno if I still have best friends, but if I had to name one… it’d be my girl AB… AB and I are very much alike, except that she’s more easy going in general than I am and she’s an angry drunk (not really an angry drunk, but gets a little mean when she drinks – never mean to me though)… anyways, AB and I have known each other roughly about 3 years… we lived together my last year of college… then after college, she moved into the DC area and we’ve hung out every since… now, AB is an ideal friend, sometimes too goofy, but I won’t take that away from her cause its part of her charm, it part of the reason we get along so well… me, I can be bossy sometimes, but in general with AB, I’m hardly that way cause we usually think a like so no need to be bossy with someone that’s all thinking the same thing you’re think, or maybe AB just usually lets me have my way cause it doesn’t matter one way or the other to her… either way, things work great between me and her… at the end of the day, its about having fun and enjoying our early twenties…

Entry 2… NM…Then there NM… NM joined our hang out crew of two (me and AB) early last year… she quickly got integrated into our plans cause she was cool to hang out with and we all got along great… I’ve actually known NM since my freshmen year in college, but we were join acquaintances, not really friends…. Anyways, me and NM butt head a lot cause NM lives in her own world, but AB is usually there to help find a compromise and smooth things over… so for now the situation works… don’t get me wrong, I love hanging out with NM, but sometimes she drives me up a wall… She’s great to talk to and give great advice, but sometime I just can’t understand her line of thinking… everything is always extra with her… nothing is ever simple with her… I know I can be irritable some times and I really try not to let it show, but when she starts going off the deep end and making things more complicated than necessary it drives me crazy… but at the end of the day, she’s still my girl and she’s lots of fun to hang out with…

Entry 3… JB…There is JB… JB and I have such an interesting yet weird relationship… sometimes we’re the best of friends and sometimes we can go weeks without talking… I’ve known JB for about 4 or 5 years now… JB is Nigerian, once of the nicest guys I know… and well he knows a lot about me… I’m comfortable talking to him about most things… and usually I feel like he’s looking out for my best interests… there have been some situations where I feel the JB was looking out for his own interest and not necessarily what was best for me (we had this period in our relationship where it felt like we were together, so talking about our relationships with other people was always a skewed topic…) but I think we’re over that and back to our normal best friend ways (if I had to pick a male best friend, it would be JB)… JB can be incredibly considerate and treat you with all the respect in the world, depending on who you and how he views you… now, he’s never done me wrong, but I know he has the potential to be not so kind to others, so that’s a factor that one must always consider… cause what if him and I weren’t as close as we were, would he end up treating some how… anyways, sometimes it hard telling JB about who I’m dating or what guy I’m into, cause there’s always that slight concern as to whether he’s looking out for my best interest or for his interest in the situation… but it usually works out that he’s looking out for me, regardless of how he may feel about the situation… that’s my JB… I used to spent a lot of time with him, I mean daily, but lately we’ve has a shift or two in our friendship, so we’re just getting back to the way things use to be… JB is trying to move to London as well later this year, which would be absolutely great, cause well I love JB (not in love, but just love him) and it’d make my transition so much better with him around…

So what do these three friends say about me (or at least I think they say about)… My relationship with AB reflects that I’m a free spirit and I just want to have fun… My relationship with NM may show that sometimes I live in my own world and that I’m stubborn and my relationship with JB reflects my Nigerian side….

more friends to come...

"Many of life's circumstances are created by three basic choices: the disciplines you choose to keep, the people you choose to be with; and, the laws you choose to obey." --Charles Millhuff

"When people are like each other they tend to like each other." ~Anthony Robbins

"Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution." ~ Deepak Chopra

Hope you have a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Vera Ezimora said...

First!!!

Go Vera! Go Girl!! Go Vera!!! Go girl!!!!!!1