Wednesday, February 07, 2007

up & then down...

Glad to say that things between New Yorker and I are kinda back on track… after all that relationship talk we had Monday afternoon, decided I was gonna tell him about how my family wants me to marry a Nigerian and take it from there… I’m sure he’ll ask what I want, and I’ll have to tell him… so we’ll just have to see where the conversation goes from there… So Monday night I told New Yorker that I liked him more after our little discussion/disagreement that we had earlier in the day… and he was like what??? Then he replied “Why, cause I let u do whatever u want to” and I replied You don’t let me do whatever I want to, but no that’s not y, I like you more because of the way you handled the entire situation, it made me appreciate you more… so thanks… and all he could say was wow…
Yeah crazy right… but I totally loved the way he handled the entire situation, he apologized and wanted to talk about it right away, clear the air, make sure we were both comfortable with things and move on from it… I can’t ask for more than that…

Ok… so I started writing this post on Tuesday… and granted its only Wednesday… but my tone is already beginning to change… I’m a confused young lady, I do admit that… I not quite sure what I want, but definitely able to pick out what I DON”T want… and well New Yorker has been in a funky mood the last couple of days, and of course as the significant other in his life at the moment, I’m getting the brunt of this funky mood that he’s in (Guy does PMS… trust me…) so anyways, I’m dealing with it….

Anyways, my homeboy JB is back from Naija… missed him like crazy… we have this crazy friendship where sometimes we’ll talk 2 or 3 times a day and then can go weeks without nothing and when we see each other its like no time has lapsed at all… I can’t explain it, but whenever JB and I are spending time together, talking and hanging out and so on, it always great… anyways, I was chilling with him last nite… trying to catch up on what’s been going on… who we’re both seeing or not seeing and so on… it was great to catch up… we of course talked about New Yorker and JB of course game me his opinion… anyways, while Naija they had a camcorder and recorded part of their visit, it was like the MTV diary thing, it was hilarious… as I was watching it, made me miss Nigeria so much… I just kept thinking I can’t wait to move there or go visit later this year…

Working on a blog series called ‘Friend Chronicle’… they say your friends are a reflection of who you are…. Anyways, the series will start in the next couple of days…

Hope ya’ll r having a good week so far…

6 comments:

Ms.Honey said...

Gotta love those convos where you still like the person after their over LOL

Anonymous said...

so i had to go through and re read some other blogs cause i realized youve updated twice since the last time i read!...

"I’m a confused young lady, I do admit that… I not quite sure what I want, but definitely able to pick out what I DON”T want…"

so true... so true it is ha! to familiar! glad that things were worked out though with you and new yorker ... and im glad to see that youve got the grad school think going too... im interested in this friends blog series ... perhaps it will spark some sort of idea in me for a blog series!

Simply Gorgeous said...

This blog sounds eerily familiar to me. Are you at all interested in JB it sounds like maybe he can be the one for you instead of New Yorker. I also miss Nigeria alot as well. I am looking forward to see how this unravels...

Confused Naija Girl said...

cant wait for the friends chronicles. I really really like newyorker. I hope it works out well with him and he gets out of his funky mood.

NaijaBloke said...

Wow!! been missing from here in a minute ..took me sometime to read all the missed post.

Well I guess u r having a swell time with New Yorker ..

Take care of u and seems u really want to move to london ..

Unknown said...

Yay, move to london, it's a fun city! I can't remember if I congratulated you on finishing the marathon but well done, I can imagine how difficult it is, you should be proud.

You know what's sweet? You and new yorker regardless of how 'open' you claim your relationship is, you guys obviously like each other and you're definitely in a real relationship hence the ups and downs and the willingness to work through the downs. Good luck, you two.