Monday, February 05, 2007

Miss Communication... what a weekend!!!

And so I finished my first application for London… its for an internship program… I’ve done my part at least, just have to make sure my references do there part in the next couple of weeks… one down, five to go (it sounds better than it is, once the first one is complete then the rest should be easier)…

Anyways, interesting weekend… New Yorker and I had some serious miscommunication… we talked Friday night and nothing until late Sunday night… very unusually for the couple that manages to spend 8 hours on the phone a few weeks ago… let’s just say that we both got our wires mixed up and he didn’t call me and I didn’t call him… I thought he was avoiding me and he thought I was avoiding him… now how did we both come to this conclusion… well the truth is neither one of us had a sound basis for drawing the conclusion that the other was avoiding them… We spoke briefly on Friday evening and ended the convo with him saying he’d call me back… I went out Friday evening with some co-workers so I didn’t think nothing of it when he didn’t call since he knew I was going out, then nothing on Saturday but then again I didn’t feel like talking to him, so I didn’t call either and then Sunday, nothing… I thought about calling to make sure he was okay, but I didn’t… then he texted after the super bowl asking did I watch the game… he called me a little bit later and we talked for like 2 minutes and then he called me at like midnight when I was in bed and we talked for a few more minutes and he was like I’m bout to go, and I was like yeah me too, cause u’re not saying anything to me, and I didn’t give him a chance to say anything else before I said bye and hung up (harsh I know, but I was a tad bit irritated and I had been drinking, so I didn’t feel like I was in the right state of mind to discuss things with him, but I shouldn’t have hung up the phone on him like that)…

So I get to work today and I decide to be the bigger person and call him… so when we finally start talking, he’s like what’s up with u, what’s going… what was up with this weekend… and that he saw the end of the road coming and females are so predictable and so on and so on (I do have to admit though when he first said he saw the end of the road coming (between me and him), my eyes actually watered for a second and I was hurt)… first I told him that he was tripping and he needed to stop assuming stuff… then I told him that when we last spoke, early Friday evening, he said he would call me and he didn’t and I was waiting on him to call me… he said he called me back Friday nite at like 11pm (its not on my missed call list) but when I didn’t pick up so he assumed I was out partying and when I didn’t call him Saturday morning (like I normally would, if I missed a call from him) that he started to think something was up and that I was avoiding him… he figured since I saw the missed call that I would call him back… well I never got his call and here I was waiting for him to call… so I asked, how long were u gonna wait for me to call, forever? And he replied did I call u first last nite (which he did)… and then he said he felt bad like he had done something cause I gave him attitude last nite when we were on the phone and that he couldn’t even go to sleep and that’s y he called me back later… which at this point I was totally confused, cause I don’t remember him calling me back after I gave him attitude and kinda hung up on him… but I checked my phone again, and he had called me at like 1:20am and we had a convo for like 30 seconds… but I can not recall anything I said to him and he told me that I started talking about some guy that I met and then he hung up, said he didn’t want to hear the end of the story (I didn’t meet a guy, I ran into an old crush that I dated a few years ago… and to tell u the truth I was so out of it, I don’t even remember having this conversation and if it wasn’t for my cell phone call log, I wouldn’t have believed it)… but I did apologize for hanging up on him and for not remembering this brief 1am conversation that we had…

Anyways, he told me that he wasn’t mad about the whole situation (really, cause u could have fooled me the way u were acting and questioning me!!!), cause technically I didn’t cheat on him cause we’re not in an exclusive relationship… but then he admitted that he was a little mad about the entire situation and so on… and I had to reassure him over and over that I hadn’t done anything with anyone else… and explain that rambling that I did when he called me back at 1 something in the morning… and he tried to rub it in my face that he clearly could have taken his sister’s friend home from the club on Saturday night (but he said he thought about me and didn’t, even though he felt like I was avoiding him and out doing stuff with other guys) and I said just as easily as I could have gone home with the guy I used to talk to that I ran into on Friday night at the club (Not the most mature response from either of us, but its reality)… he just assumed that I was off doing something with some other guy cause we didn’t talk all weekend and I told him that that really hurt my feelings that he thought I was capable of doing that… and that he should trust me and have more faith in me… and I told him I didn’t call cause I felt like he had brushed me off Friday evening and that he would call when he was ready to talk to me… and in the mist of all this serious discussion, New Yorker goes ‘baby, you’re so cute…” and I couldn’t help but smile… how can the way I argue with u be cute crazy?!?!?

What I don’t get about New Yorker is why he’s trying to act all hard and say that he doesn’t worry about stuff like that (if a girl is messing with another guy, if he’s involved in an open relationship with her) but that clearly a lie, cause otherwise he wouldn’t have been so overly concerned about this weekend that it was the first thing out of his mouth after ‘what’s up’… I mean if he wasn’t so concerned he wouldn’t have been so worried about what I was doing and who I was doing it with… and he’s like he knows how women act, especially if their man lives in a different town and I told him, I’m not like any one else, I’m gonna be straight forward with u… and even if I was dating/seeing someone else, I wouldn’t make him less of a priority…

Anyways, he told me he thought I was scared of being hurt, scare of falling in love with him and being with him… and that our entire relationship scares me… (And he’s right, this relationship scares the hell out me for so many reasons…)
and at the end, he said u know I like u, I’m not trying to hurt you, I don’t want to hurt you… and all I could do was think about how much I cared about him and didn’t want to hurt him… and of course I reminded him how much he drives me crazy (and he says sorry in the cutest way and puts a smile on my face)… but its ok, cause I luv his craziness…


Aside from all that drama with New York, … my weekend was actually great …
Friday night, I did go out with my co-workers and I ran into the guy, DF… DF was my high school crush… he was a senior and I was a lowly freshman in high school… he was/is such a gorgeous specimen of what a man should be like and look like… anyways, after DF finished school, he moved back to Baltimore, as I did when i finished school, so DF and I dated briefly about two and a half years ago… and we didn’t end on bad terms so whenever we see each other, there’s always that element of flirtation there… and it was still there when I saw him Friday night… and I have to admit he was still as gorgeous as ever… he has this smile that lights up an entire room, with his dark smooth chocolate skins (ok, I’m drooling now…) … but we exchanged numbers and said we’ll kept in touch and that was it…

This was the first weekend where I got to sleep in on a Saturday in 6 months… I didn’t have to wake up early to go running… and me and my friends has a sleep over Saturday night which was a lot of fun and then spent all of Sunday together… went to brunch and then to a Super Bowl party… talk about a relaxing weekend…

No comments: