Friday, February 16, 2007

Getting my Mind off it...

So last night I needed to distract myself from all the stress and drama in my life… so I hooked up with one of my good friends, ST… ST has been my girl since I was like 8 yrs old… so many memories… so we met up to get pictures taken of her daughter and then we went out to grab some food and drinks… of course she had me rolling and laughing all night... definitely took my mind off of New Yorker for a while, but then she wanted to know why I broke up with New Yorker… I explained, or at least tried to explain and she saw my views, I had some valid points… but then she said but he made you happy… yeah he did, but I have to look at the big picture… I do look forward to talking to New Yorker again, but I would understand if he wasn’t so thrilled to talk to me anytime soon… but knowing him, he’s gonna want to talk to me as much as I want to talk to him… I just want to make sure he’s ok…

So today, I’m headed to court… my dumb butt got a speeding ticket for tailing a cop… yeah I know STUPID… but I was in a rush and I wasn’t that close to him… but its my first ticket ever in my nine and a half years of driving so I’m hoping the judge will take it easy on me o…

The weekend is here… thank goodness…. I need a break from work and life… I’m just gonna be chilling tonight, may go see Tyler Perry’s new movie, Daddy’s Little Girl , looks like it’ll be funny… I was suppose to go to ATL this weekend and stay til Wednesday cause I have to do some stuff for work on Monday and Tuesday, but my friend’s memorial service is Sunday at church, so I pushed my flight back to a red-eye on Monday morning… I need to pay my last respects to my friend… I can spend a weekend in ATL any other time….
I am excited about the trip though, it’ll be my first time in Atlanta… and I’ll get to see my line sister, my frat brother and hang out with a bunch of friends that moved down to ATL after college… and it’ll help me get my mind off of things for a little while…

So I’m off to court… wish me luck, better yet pray for me…
Have a great weekend and be safe….

**************************************************************

Back from court... GUESS WHAT??? the officer never showed up, he called and said he was stuck in traffic and would be there in 15 mins, so the judge waited 15 mins (which annoyed me)... but when he didn't show up, the judge went ahead and he dismissed almost everyone's case... as soon as he called me up, i almost ran to the front of the court room pleading 'Not Guilty' so the judge dismissed the charges and I ran out immediately, didn't want the officer to try and show up in the middle of mine case... any i didn't have to pay court fee!!!
Great start to a great weekend... and the girls are getting together for dinner this evening, me, AB & NM... Should be lots of fun... things are starting to look up after all :-).....

7 comments:

Confused Naija Girl said...

have a great weekend to oh!!

Naijadude said...

Dont worry the judge will be easy on you! Have a good weekend, hun!!

Jameil said...

whooo hooo!! first time in atl? and you know folk? you will have a BALL!!! its a great city to visit. let me know how the tyler perry flick is. i'm kind of scared of his movies after all the madea.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear your weekend is off to a good start ... u should love ATL ... im excited for u ... id say youd be closer to me than usual cause im about 3 hours from atl ... but im off to california on monday!!! Have a Fabulous Time!!!

Vera Ezimora said...

Lucky you the officer didn't show up. Don't you just love when that happens? LOL

NaijaBloke said...

Wow,lucky that he did not show up sha.First ticket in nine yrs ..wow .. ..dont even try moving down here south o cos u will get one every month ..LOL

U have a nice week

Ms.Honey said...

Hope you had a nice weekend...anyone that knows me or reads my blog knows that I don't like cops and I've had a problem with speeding LOL

Glad it was dismissed..too bad for him that he couldn't get out of traffic even being a cop LOL