Monday, November 20, 2006

the weekend....

The weekend was cool… talked to IN a little bit, didn’t make plans to hang out or anything, but it was cool… Friday night I hung out with a random friend, JO, he’s younger than me by a few years, but pretty mature for his age (or at least I thought he was)… anyways, we went to this fundraiser party thing, ran into a couple of old faces that I haven’t seen in a while… it was all good… anyways, on the ride back, JO and I were talking about a bunch of different things… so we decided to head back to his place, I didn’t think nothing of it since I’d known his for a few years and he’s a pretty cool guy, til we got to his place and he was trying to be all over me… it quickly changed my option of him… I told him he needed to chill out and relax, that I wasn’t interested in him and secondly he would ruin out friendship… well, he didn’t listen, this kid was really trying to have sex with me… I was furious, picked up my stuff and was out… but I was just blown cause I always that he was a sweet kid… in the morning he called me and then texted… nothing … then he called and texted again… nothing… I wasn’t about to spend my valuable time on him… so I went to work (I work at a restaurant on the weekends)… and the phone rings and I pick it up to take an order, why was its JO and he’s all like ‘DD, I’m sorry about what happened last night and blah blah blah”… my response “Its not a big deal, I just expected more from you… now, can I take your order” hmmm, I wasn’t ready to even talk to him, much less see him… he came to get his food, and I was as cordial as I could be (cause I can be as cold as it gets to people)… anyways, he kept trying to talk to me and I simply said I don’t have anything to say to you, when I’m ready I’ll talk to you, cause I work on my own time… needless to say, I was right and the situation messed up our friendship… but I’m not so concerned, cause its not like he’s someone I chill with like that anyways…

Sunday was crazy… ran 14 miles, it wasn’t too bad… actually I was quite proud of myself…. 14 miles is more than half of a marathon, it renewed my confidence that I can actually do this marathon that I am training for!

So one of my good friends, JD, proceeded to inform me that I’m usually more interested in the chase when it comes to a guy and not actually having him (having him in the sense of doing anything with him or having a relationship with him)… and that the few times that I actually am interested in the guy that it doesn’t last too long before I lose interest… now, the chase with IN was definitely fun… but to tell you the truth I haven’t talked to him since Friday night… which actually isn’t a big deal… and that’s her point… usually when I’m really into someone, me and the guy talk pretty frequently and the fact that I’m ok with now having talked to IN since Friday nite, she’s suspecting that I’m no longer interested in him now that I know that I can have him… and well, its not that I’m no longer interested in him, its more like now he has to step up his game to keep my interest otherwise I will be distracted very quickly and won’t look back…

(To be completely honestly I don’t necessary disagree with JD, but I know some of that stems from my past relationships… and its something I’m working on… because it really comes down to who cares less… you know how the saying goes, the person that cares less controls the relationship… and it is a control thing… but I’m working it out, shucks, at least I can admit it… and its something that I’m working on)

I’m going to the gym tonight, so we’ll see…

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is very true about the one who is in less control ... after j ive noticed ... that with the guys who have been interested ...ive just kind of sat back and watched ... and if they call or want to kick it ... then ok ... but if not ... im not trippin ... cause i was the exact opposite with j ... and im livin the repercussions ... and well you know the story ... lol ... never again!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe dude overstepped the boundaries. He gotta feel the waters. Not just jumo head first. He messed up.

Your friend definitely has apoint. God observation JD. I may have to try and apply it to some others I know.

Anonymous said...

Hmm I think JD might be right, you should try and make some approach sometimes, be in charge at one point, after you've satisfied yourself that it is for you, that is!
JO is funny eh? well what can we do when we are horny? Humans? sexual bastards we are, we dont really care whats on line when we are really in the heat!!! But dude messed up.

Unknown said...

I had such high hopes for you and IN, hope it still works out.

Your friend JD could have been describing me, but for me it's not so much a control thing but lots of other issues which you don't have enough space on your blog for me to go into! LOL maybe I'll post on it one day.

Keep us updated on IN!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm JO tried to be slick eh? glad you put him in his place.

so.....what happened at the gym?? hehehe

Discombobulated Diva said...

yeah i had to put JO in his place really quickly... I wasn't having none of that...

@AI... we live and we learn... that's y i'm not overly concerned... IN is gonna eventually call, the issue is will i still be interested!

@ Epsilonicus.. if dude had felt the waters or even got close before trying to jump all over me, he would have realized that I was NOT interested... be carefull who you try applying the I'm not interested game to, cause it may back fire...

@Naijadude... I know we're all sexual beings and all, but he was outta his place for his actions, especially when he knew i wasn't feeling him like that.

@Vicki, I kinda had hopes for IN, but now that I know he's within my grasp, its not quite as exciting, but hopefully he'll step up his game and keep me interested...

@belle, homeboy wasn't at the gym yestersday... so no updates and yes i know i could call him if I wanted to, but the phone works both ways... and i'm not pressed to talk to him... but we'll see what happens.

NaijaBloke said...

I will agree with ur friend on that one ..seems u have some issues to work out like u said .. I feel ur inner self has some things to prove ...LOL

U have anice thanksgiving

NaijaBloke said...

I think ur inner self have some things to prove ...LOL

U have a nice thanksgiving

Justme said...

Did u say u ran 14 miles??? FOURTEEN MILES??? Dayum! My lazy behind can barely walk a mile. Thumbs up!
thecrazythoughtsinmyhead.blogspot.com