Monday, November 13, 2006

good times...

Homecoming weekend was great… I knew it was gonna be a lot of fun, but still it amazed how much I really enjoyed myself! I went out Thursday nite to one of the local clubs by campus, it was great ($2 bucks to get in, compared to the $20 I pay in DC to get into the club)… anyways, the entire weekend was cool…
The Sigma’s won the step shop (Yeah Frat!!!)… the parties were fun, the people were cool and overall it was one of the best homecoming weekends I’ve ever been too…
Me and 10 of my friends all stayed in the same hotel, so that was a lot of fun as well…
I didn’t realize how much I missed my friends and loved my undergrad experience, but whenever I return to visit, its always full of fond memories and happy times! Anyways, it was really great to see all my college buddies… Some are married, some still in grad school, some working & doing the 9 to 5, and of course some that we just can’t figure out if they ever graduated or exactly what they do? But none the less, it was great hanging out again. This weekend was definitely an ego booster, realized that I’m not as behind in life as I sometimes think I am… my friends loved my new car, appreciated that I was done with grad school, and that I have a good job in my field… and me, I appreciated the friends that were married or on the way to marriage… but this entire weekend help put things into a better perspective for me… it was nice to be carefree for the weekend...

Only down part to the entire weekend, was that when I got back home last night, I realized that the memory card in my camera had popped out, so now I don’t have any pictures from the weekend and I’m out of a $60 dollar memory card… but thank goodness for facebook, by the time I had got home and settled in, pictures were already popping up on facebook, so while I won’t have all my pictures, I’ll be able to gather enough from all my friends’ cameras…

On a side note…
I wanted to call the gym before I left Thursday and talk to IN, but one, I didn’t want him to think I was sweating him and two, I actually wanted to see his reaction when I ask him what’s taking him so long to ask for my number … so hopefully if he’s at the gym tonight when I go, I’ll get a chance to talk to him for a little bit… wish me luck (and I’ll definitely ask if he has a gf)…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad that you had an amaaazing time and it sucks that you lost your memory card... but even though we all hate to say it facebook can be a lifesaver! lookin forward to what happens with IN!!! glad you made it home safe!!!

Unknown said...

You sound like you had an amazing weekend ... I'm glad it was so great!

Good luck with IN and I think you definitely need to know whether or not he has a girlfriend ... better to know sooner rather than later!

Anonymous said...

Where's your alma mater? Are you part of the "Pack" or a "Tarheel? Neither?

Anonymous said...

Glad u had fun at homecoming weekend. I wish my school actaully had a decent homecoming.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm seems like someone had a great weekend! and gym dude? whats up with him!!! Goodluck with him anyways!