Thursday, November 30, 2006

This gym guy of mine...

So I went to the gym yesterday… and by this point I had already made up my mind about IN… I was gonna try to create some type of distance between us so that we’d both lose interest and go about our separate ways… I did try… as usual, I did my work out, I actually changed it up a bit, tried some new machines, did some free weights and so on… and of course I had to go work on my abs… the abs area is where IN’s desk is located, I did most of my workout without really making the usual eye contact that I do, I gave him a quick nod of acknowledgement but I didn’t want to stop my work out… it was me and my friend TR working out… she started coming to the gym with me twice a week (guess she got motivated)… anyways, after the ab workout, I was just gonna wave bye and then get ready to leave. This was the perfect opportunity to do that cause he had like 2 or 3 other employees in his office, so I got up, I waved at him, as in see you next time… and to my surprise, he kicked everyone out of his office and call my name to come over…

ok, there goes my plan of trying to keep a distance… so of course I go over, and I stand in the door way not really inviting myself in (like I usually do)… and he notices and gestures for me to relax and have a seat… now, my friend TR was waiting for me in the locker room cause we were going to grab dinner (which made me feel better about not sitting in his office and talking for ever like he usually wants to)… anyways, we talked for a few minutes, maybe about 15 mins or so… long story short, we did the usual chit chat stuff and then we just conversed about some other things where I mentioned to him that I have a short attention span and that if people don’t hold my attention they lose it (hoping he’d get the clue)…. he was telling me that schools been really tough lately cause its close to the end of the semester and how he was up til 5am doing a paper and so, I almost felt bad for me… and then he’s like when are we going to hang out… I wanted to yell when he asked that, he’s the ones that’s soooooooo busy… I simply replied, well, if you ever called me, I’d check my schedule and we could make plans to get together… I made some other comments to get him to understand that he wasn’t doing what he needed to do and that I was starting to lose interest… and after a few minutes I got up and was like I need to go, my friend is waiting on me… he asked me to call him later (and then asked if that was okay with me, which I thought was soooo cute of him) … I called later, we spoke for a few minutes but he sounded so tired, I actually did feel bad for him cause while he was at work studying, I was laid up in my comfortable bed… anyways, he called me later that evening after he got off work and we spoke for a little bit longer… Needless to say I think he got the message… yeah I know I probably should cut the guy some slack, but I feel like I’ve already done that, as I told my girl, JD, last nite… I need a certain amount of attention to keep me interested, actually I don’t need a certain amount of attention, I deserve a certain amount of attention... hello, I am Miss DD…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell it girl ... i may have to steal that one ..."I deserve a certain amount of attention" ... i think that may be what i need to tell cruise ... ha!

Unknown said...

I agree with you, you definitely deserve him to make the effort and you should stick to your guns! However, he does sound like he's busy so I do think you should cut him some slack once in a while ... he's definitely interested and now that he knows what he has to do, he should hopefully pick up his game!

Anonymous said...

Why is it thta me, you and AI have a very similar situation? It is kinda scary.

Discombobulated Diva said...

@ Epsilonicus - its crazy isn't it... I guess people are more alike than we think...