Thursday, November 09, 2006

Homecoming Weekend!!!

Its homecoming weekend!!! Headed back to my Alma Marta… I went to school in the south, good ol’ North Carolina… I went to a predominant white school, but it was a really big school, so there definitely were enough black people there and around the area… My days in undergrad, I wouldn’t change them for ANYTHING… while I did complain about a lot of things in college (who doesn’t???), my undergrad experience was phenomenal… I look back and realized how much I loved it and how much fun it was… I was Miss super involved in everything, especially in my sorority, for a while, the Alphas called me Super-Zeta (you know how it is when you first cross and you’re over zealous, well I was over-zealous for the entire time I was there :-))… anyways, I can’t wait to see my friends, the people I talk to on a regular basis but don’t live close enough to… its always nice to see how people are progressing in life and just to reminisce about the old times and hang out again… but things are never the same when you go back, you never realized how much you’ve changed until you go back to a place that’s unchanged, you realize that you see things different and perceive things different, and only then do you see how much you’ve changed… but still the experience is always a good one… going back to a place unchanged gives you perspective and shows you how much you’ve grown!

Now, I haven’t been out to a party/club since the beginning of September because of my training for the marathon, but please believe that I will be out there this weekend with my friend partying it up… even though I’ll suffer the next morning when I have to go running (the training stops for NO ONE, luckily my long run is only 6 miles), it’ll all be worth it!!!

On a Side note: So I went to the gym yesterday, and IN (my gym guy) was there ( I was so happy to see him cause he wasn’t there the last two times I went to the gym and I was starting to think maybe he didn’t work there anymore)… anyways, I managed to convince one of my friends to sign up for Bally’s as well, so when she was doing the paper work and all, I stroll over to IN’s office and he invites me in and we start talking… I’m like where have you been, thought u abandoned me… he said school’s been crazy (he’s working towards a law-degree) and its just kept him busy and that he wouldn't abandon me… so we were talking about school, and I was telling him that I decided I was going back to school, just not sure exactly what I want to get my degree in… and IN goes ‘you can get your masters in me, and you can study me anytime you want to…’ and he got all shy and I was like ‘Really, cause I would like that’ and we were finally on the path to exchanging numbers, when some girl comes to his office, she was a client, so he couldn’t blow her off, but then she wouldn’t leave, proceeded to intro herself to me and all, and all I’m thinking is can you leave so me and IN can finish our conversation, but she didn’t and then another client came to his office, and then I was like I should go work out… then he had back to back clients til I left and we never got to talk again, except when I was leaving he came over to me, and was like so I’ll see you Friday right (hmmm, somebody knows my work out schedule…), nope, I’m going out of town I informed him and he said oh, well then I’ll see you next week and then he gave me that gorgeous smile of his… Guess I have to wait til Monday, and hopefully we can talk then…

Anyways, took Friday off, so after work today I’m gone for the weekend… have a great one, cause I definitely will…

10 comments:

TMinx said...

MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY lol

Anonymous said...

hmmm... you're a bally's girl too eh? i dont trust those dudes there maaan... you'd be amazed how many women hit on them...
you remind me of myself a few years back. i love my alma mata too. i didn't know you are a sorority girl. why Zeta?

anyways girl,
have an awesome weekend :)

Discombobulated Diva said...

Zeta because it was the right decision for me... sororities are very campus specific and region specific in my opinion... on my campus the Zetas were doing the things that i values and appreciated, so i was drawn to participate in alot of their activities and one thing led to another and I became close friends with many of them and before I knew it, I was pledging to be a Zeta... and to give back to my community and to uphold certain values and morals, and to be a lady and to uphold myself with respect and diginity at all times... but it alsocame with the partying and learning alot about who I am and what i stood for... Zeta was definitely the right choice for me, at the time and still now...its one of those major decisions that i am absolutely glad i made and wouldn't have done it any differently...

Yeah, i'm sure the guys at Bally's get hit on ALL the time, i've seen a few females hit on IN right in front of me... but i'm keeping a close eye on things :-)...
~DD

Anonymous said...

Have Fun... more fun than I had ... and write about it all when you get back!!!

Unknown said...

Hey, loving your gym guy story ... make sure you keep us updated. No question though, he definitely likes you! Lol at the line, 'you can get your masters in me' ... what a smooth talker! How come I never met any hot guys at the gym that didn't have girlfriends or weren't old???

Have a great homecoming weekend!

Unknown said...

ps: I love your blog ... I'll be coming back!

Anonymous said...

Get him!!! That was a brave line on his part. You better go out on a date with him!!

Corri S. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NaijaBloke said...

Ballys guy ..HMMM ..... have fun gurl

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...i think u should ask him if he has a girlfriend(i doubt if he will admit it, since he obviously likes u..lol).