Tuesday, May 29, 2007

the long weekend...

Memorial day weekend was good... I needed the 3 days weekend… drove down to NC for the first half of the weekend for a friend’s wedding… me and the bride graduated together in 2004… even though I was there I still can’t believe she’s married… she’s not the first of my friends from college to get married… but it makes me take a step back and re-evaluate things in my life… marriage is something that I aspire for, its something that most people aspire for, but sometimes it seems to out of reach… I thinks she’s happy with her fiancé… they met after college and have been dating for a while… and as long as she’s happy and he treats her well, then I wish them all of the best… the other thing about weddings is that they are mini-reunions for you and your friends… Although it wasn’t too many familiar faces, the ones that were there were good to see… the wedding was quite small actually, but it was so beautiful… it was held outside in a park in a gazebo and then reception was held at a nearby hotel… it was very classily, which I’m not surprised about cause she’s definitely a classily chick…

The consultant (and he needs another names, cause so much more than just a consultant… so from now on I’ll be referring to him as RFM, which I will explain one day, but for now that’s what I’ll call him) came back home (to MD) yesterday… he’s been away on travel for work for the last two weeks… and I just couldn’t wait to see him…. Needless to say, I missed him… we spent most of the day together, doing absolutely nothing and it was wonderful… we ate lunch and just relaxed for most of the day… a couple of people stopped by to see him, which was cool (especially since he asked me if it was ok with me before they came over)… he’s comfortable with having me and his friends interacting, which I like… and yesterday as we were chilling at his place, doing nothing really, I realized how much I really missed having him around, and how much I’m gonna miss having him around when I move to London…



“The quality of love and the duration of a relationship are in direct proportion to the depth of the commitment by both people to making the relationship successful. Commit yourself wholeheartedly and unconditionally to the most important people in your life.”~Brian Tracy

“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” ~Morrie Schwartz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know how it is when u go for the weddding of a friend and u start evlauating ur own life..oh well!

Discombobulated Diva said...

it sure does make you evaluate your life... thinking, am I behind or something... but then i realize that i'm not necessarily behind, but just on a different path to my own happiness...