Monday, May 07, 2007

a little clearer...

What a weekend… it was just crazy busy with work and life… got to spend some quality time with the Consultant… and believe it or not, he met my oldest brother this weekend… now, this is quite significant because I happen to look up to my oldest brother a lot… he’s a very important factor in most of the decisions I make in life… so anyways, the consultant met my oldest brother, and well it wasn’t awkward or anything like that… I also got the go ahead from my older brother about moving to London… he’s afraid that if I move to London for this internship program that I won’t want to come back… but I reassured him, although nothing is guaranteed, I did ensure him that I had every intention of coming back to the states, and with that said he gave me his blessing on my decision and we started to make a plan of how things would work once I left in August… and well he saw that I had already thought things through and already had a good game plan that he could back up… so that was a lot of stress off of my shoulders to know that he (my brother) is happy for me and supports my decision to go away to London… as I stated, my brother is very important in my life and there are many things that would not be possible without him, so his support is quite important to me…

So I made my decision (incase you haven’t guessed)…. I’m headed off to London, I accepted the offer from the internship program…. So I’ll be working in London for a year and getting my graduate certificate in international business… when I took a look at all the pros and cons, it just made more sense to take the internship program instead of going back to school to get another master’s degree because I already have one, and the international work experience and business certificate would look great on my resume… so, my mind is made up… now that I’ve accepted the offer into the internship program, I just have to wait til they place with a company in the field that I’m interested it…

So what’s gonna happen with me and the consultant… well, to tell you the truth I don’t know, but I do see a bright future with him…. I’ll continue to get to know him and grow with him over the next 3 and a half months… and with the discussions we’ve had, I’m pretty sure he’d want to try the long distance thing…. But we’ll deal with that when the time comes closer for me to leave, a decision will have to be made… but for now, that can wait… I’ll just enjoy him while I’m still here and leave the future in the future for now…

“Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must” ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

“No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth” ~Robert Southey

“Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable” ~Sidney J. Harris

“Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will work” ~Dr. Robert Anderson

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog! you should read stella damasus' blog really good too. check it out
http://stelladamasus.blogspot.com/

NaijaBloke said...

Hmmmm... nice decision both abt the internship and the consultant.Pray God grant u ur heart's desires ..

Jameil said...

HURRAY FOR LIVING ABROAD! that's really cool. do me a favor. tell prince william to call me. thanks! lol.

Original Mgbeke (Part 2) said...

Nice! The move sounds interesting. I'm all for change and new environments. Umm..buy me britico candy when you come back sha. Ha ha..
Hopefully you don't come back saying those weird things they say such as 'loo' for toilet, 'snog' for makeout and all that. LOL
I trust if money dey, you will get your shop on in the UK. Thier clothes are much nice anyway.
Take care.

Confused Naija Girl said...

I learn every day from you DD. You really are a good person. I thought it was an accountant thought I have obviously missed a lot. Good luck girl.

Discombobulated Diva said...

@Naijabloke.... thanks, i think i made the right decision. i've prayed about it and i feel confident in the decision.

@Jameil1922... I'll definitely pass your message on to prince william, only if he pass me over :-)

@Shopaholic... of course i plan on doing alot of shopping in the UK, but hopefully i won't get too out of control :-)... yeah i have to be careful not to pick up to much of that british lingo... but i'll definitely be saying 'Cheers' to everyone :-)...

@Confused Naija girl... girl, it was an accountant, but we ended things, and I met this great guy, the consultant, that we've been getting to know each other for the last couple of weeks...