Monday, December 11, 2006

the weekend... it was cool


The weekend was quite interesting… I went out to dinner with IN on Friday evening after my workout, it was a last minute thing… but it was cool having dinner with him… gave us a chance to really talk outside of the gym… After I left the gym, went home and freshened up and went to go hang out with JB… when I got to JB’s house, both of his brothers were around and I hadn’t seen them in a while (which is odd, cause I literally live 5 minutes away from them)… anyways, it was good seeing them, and then I went upstairs to JB’s room and he was packing to go to Nigeria… I’m gonna miss him, he’s gonna be away for about3 and a half weeks… we hadn’t seen in each other in about a week or so, but I still missed him in that short amount of time… JB and I was were laying down and talking about the future (not our future together, just the future in general)… he’s planning on going to school next year and we’ve been talking about it for a while and he’s seriously considering going to London as well (I’m applying to school in London, trying to make that move abroad for a little bit) and I got really excited… it would be so great if he moved to London as well… I’d have both of my best buds with me (both being JB and my girl, AB… she’s trying to move to London as well next year…) anyways, I know you can’t plan your life around other people’s lives, but it would work out so well if all of us ended up in London next year… anyways, I ended up staying at JB’s house til after 2am, I actually feel asleep in his arms and he just let me sleep… but then I finally woke up and when I realized how late it was I headed out (and normally it wouldn’t be a big deal, I would have stayed the night, but I had to be up at 7:30am to go run 9 miles, so you see I needed to get a decent amount of sleep)… needless to say, I was tired as heck the next morning when I was running, but I got thru it…

Sunday, I was suppose to go to dinner with one of my friends, OC (side note: OC is this guy I met like last year, we talked briefly then ended up just being friends, he’s a year older than me, but I don’t really see myself in a relationship with him, but we’re still cool)… I ended up bailing on him, but I did end up hanging out with my friend, SS … SS and I got a chance to really talk about some things that have been on my mind lately and while I’ve been so stressed with life… SS is a good friend and it was good to just be completely honest with him and have him give me feedback… he said a lot of things that were true and that I needed to hear… anyways, to wrap it up, he said that just cause my life plan is not going exactly as I planned it to, doesn’t mean that I’m not on the right track and that I shouldn’t be so hard on myself and that I shouldn’t stay too long in the same place trying to figure out the impossible…. anyways, I hung out with him and it was cool…


I’m going to move next year… I have the support of my family and I’m looking for every opportunity possible (so incase you know anyone in London that works for an IT firm or is in an IT position, that can pass my resume along… lemme know)… I do feel a little more at peace with the direction of my life, cause I’m working towards a goal now and that makes me feel at ease…

Btw… check out this article I thought it was interesting: http://lifestyle.msn.com/Relationships/Dating/ArticleIV2.aspx?cp-documentid=1286684>1=8881&wa=wsignin1.0

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that article ... I'm seriously going to take it to heart, it's a great attitude to have!

Let me guess, you're not too excited about IN anymore? Because you say you had dinner and move on in the same sentence ... what's going on?

When is your marathon?

Discombobulated Diva said...

Yeah, that article hit home for me too... made me up some things into perspective...

The marathon is January 28th... only 6 and a half more weeks of training... and believe it or not, I'm planning some other running events for the spring as well... might as well take advantage of the fact that I'm already in shape and try to keep it up...

~DD

The Life of a Stranger called me said...

Nice read -its good to see your weekend was good. I really dont know anyone who has an IT firm but will keep an eye out for you. Stay blessed.

Anonymous said...

Wow.. Thanks for the link to the article.

Good luck wiht the marathon..... I'll be glad the da y Ican run 2 miles. lol.

NaijaBloke said...

Have u tried talking to JB abt both of u moving to the next stage before?

G'luck with the race

Discombobulated Diva said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Discombobulated Diva said...

@Naijabloke... honestly i haven't talked to JB about it, but that's cause I don't think JB is ready for that... lately he's has a string of 'friends' or girlfriends that he hangs out with for about a month or so before he says he tired of them and moving on... my one friend say maybe its cause he's waiting for me to say something, but I think its just that he's not ready to settle down yet... he's only 24, so i can appreciate and understand that... I don't want to pressure him into anything that's he's not ready for...

JB and I get along great, that's y we're best friends, but I don't know how it'd work on a relationship level... and truth be told, I'm nervous that maybe it wouldn't be soooo great, maybe we're better off as just friends... only time will tell though... he's off for Nigeria in a few days and I'll miss him alot, but once he gets back (cause I know he's going to do his thing in Naija)... we'll see how things r with me and him then...
~DD