Thursday, December 21, 2006

Random thoughts... goals for 2007...

Aiight… So I’ve come to the conclusion (all on my own) that me and IN are probably just gonna be friends and nothing more… I did tell him that I had a short attention span… I went to the gym Monday evening, and I saw IN for a second, but he was busy, he had back to back clients… and besides I needed to focus on my workout… did a water aerobics class and it was a lot of fun… anyways, one would think that since we didn’t get a chance to really talk while I was at the gym that he would have called me, especially since he’s done with classes for the semester… but nope… so anyways, to round it up, the flame for him was put out before it ever really got started…

But on the good note… New Yorker (the guy I met last weekend while I was in NY) definitely has some game… he seems like a really nice guy, he’s cute, funny, has his head on straight for the most part… no major flaws yet (I say yet, simply because we all have flaws, even major flaws… they just take some to surface)… now he told me that he wasn’t showing me ‘the representative’ and that he was just being himself, but only time will tell… needless to say, New Yorker has definitely got my attention at the moment and he’s doing a good job of keeping himself on my mind… but in the back of my mind I remember he’s not Nigerian and I want to marry a Nigerian… so there’ll always be that bit of hesitation… but that doesn’t change the fact that he does peak my interest :-)…

It would be ideal to marry a Nigerian guy, not only Nigeria but a Yoruba man, for so many reasons… but sometimes I feel like I shouldn’t restrict myself to only dating Nigerian men… there’s a lot to experience out there and I shouldn’t sit around waiting for a Nigerian guy to come find me…

Aiight… 4 days til Christmas… and even though we don’t have a Christmas tree up and we’re not evening exchanging gifts til New Year’s day this year, I’m still excited… the little kid inside of me is still overjoyed that it’s the holidays and that its Christmas time… and that I get a time to relax a little, spend some time with the family and just to reflect over the last year of my life… so much has changed and yet so much has remained the same… I start to think of New Years Resolutions… and while I’m not big on making new year’s resolutions, I do like to set some goals for myself… this time last year, I made 6 goals for myself, cause it was about to be 2006… anyways, my goal for 2006 was to travel to 3 new places that I’ve never been (which I did… Paris, Texas (Houston and Dallas), and California), I also set out a goal to go to my first real concert (which I did as well), to finish my masters degree, get my new car… and to my satisfaction, I was able to get all of those things accomplished because not only were they realistic goals, they were things that I wanted with my entire heart so it was easy to work towards them… now that 2007 is around the corner… I’m putting together my goals for the new years… milestones that I would like to reach in 2007… so far, I’ve got… (1) Lose these last 10./15 pounds that I’ve been playing with for a few months, (2) Visit Atlanta (cause I’ve never been…) and that’s all I have as of yet… but I’ll have a nice list before the new years rings in… what resolutions or goals are you making for yourself in the new year???

7 comments:

Naijadude said...

Ooh...I feel bad it had to go down like that with IN, but life goes on!

Merry Xmas hun! Oops u didnt include in your new year goals that you and I will be flying to the "MOON" together with our special Apollo jet..LOL

have a good one...

NaijaBloke said...

Eya IN did not make it!!! maybe the bros a lot going on for him ni jere ..

Goals for 2007 ....hmmm ..My main one is pay all my debts ..which I am already on the right track with right now ...

Merry xmas and Happy new yr in advance dear

Anonymous said...

is IN nigerian? for some reason i didn't get that impression..

have a merry xmas!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you not restricting yourself ot NIgerian men. You would be missing out on all the goodness!! Hahaha j/k

I think the New Years goals are attainable.

Confused Naija Girl said...

hey , i have been a silent reader of your blog for ages.I hate making ney years resolutions because i never stick tothem. I guess mine for this year would be to sort out my life

Smoothvibes said...

lol... I soo feel you on wanting to date outside the naija community. I'll say go for it!

Hmm I also can't set resolutions... goals work better for me.

Newho... have a merry xmas and a happy new year!

Unknown said...

Oh okay, caught up, I know who the New Yorker is.

I really don't think you should restrict yourself to who you date or even who you marry. I believe there's someone out there for all of us and the chances that he is from your part of the world, and your part of the country specifically are slim. Glad you're giving the new yorker a chance!