Monday, December 18, 2006

NYC was great...

NY was great… so I got up Saturday morning and went running, ran 20 miles in DC, then jumped on the Amtrak for my nite in NY… first of all, every muscle from my hips and downward was hurting me, muscles I didn’t know exists were hurting after running the 20 miles… but it was all good, cause I did it!!! Anyways, was knocked on the train, got to NY around 5:30pm… met up with my sisters and friends (they drove down earlier)… we went to see the Color Purple. Let me say, that play was great… very entertaining. The actors & actresses were great and the storyline was good ( a little different from the movie towards the end) but still good… overall I truly enjoyed myself… even though I could barely walk cause my feet were killing me… but even thru all the pain, I managed to get dressed to go out afterwards and even had the nerve to put on some heels… talk about some serious pain, but after a drink or two, I was feeling better… checked out a few lounges, ended up on some spot on 15th & 9th street uptown… met up with my cousin there, who lives in NY… the place was cool…meet a cute guy there, he’s not a true New Yorker, but we’ll call him New Yorker … actually the guy reminded me of a guy that I went to college with… it was a nice ego boost, cause I have to admit i was checking dude out, cause he definitely had a cute smile and all... anyways, New Yorker pulled me to the side before I left and gave me his phone number… I haven’t called him yet but I probably will this evening… (I forgot my charger, so by Sunday morning, my phone was completely dead)… I didn’t get to go shopping cause traffic was crazy on Sunday, so we just decided to head back to Bmore… but all in all, it was a great trip…

I definitely need to go to NY again soon… had so many people I have to visit there, aside from New Yorker, I have a bunch of friends and family that stay in NY and I’ve just never made the time to go visit them… but after such a good weekend, I definitely plan on making that trip again soon…

Ok, so I’m going to learn how to swim this evening, one of the personal trainers at Bally’s is suppose to teach me… I need to learn to swim cause I want to sign up for a triathlon… no I’m not crazy, but I’m already in shape, might as well keep it up and cross off some of the things off my list of “To-Do” things in life…

btw... i see IN (my gym guy) tonight... today is his last final for the semester, so hopefully he'll be more attentive now... but i guess we'll have to wait and see... unfortunately, I'm not sure I'm still as attracted to him as I was before... but maybe he can change my mind about that...

2 comments:

NaijaBloke said...

U ran 20miles...wish I could do that now..
Na wah for u o ..only u ..IN,JB and now New Yorker ..LOL

U have a lovely week dear

angie said...

u cld wea heels with all the pains??girl u try oh!
I don't think IN cld change ur mind but he cld end up being a ver good friend.