Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My New Yorker....

Alrighty…. Christmas was great… went to Church Christmas morning where they served us breakfast :-)… then went to my sister-in-law’s place for a family lunch… the lunch was great, most of the family was there… then went to see the new Will Smith Movie, Pursuit of Happyness… it was a really good movie… Will Smith and his son both did a great job…

Alright…. Lets see what’s been going… most of my attention has been diverted to New Yorker :-)… (I met New Yorker about 2 weeks ago when I went to NY)… anyways, we’ve really been hitting it off… I mean, we’re really clicking…. He’s become the first person I talk to when I wake up, the last person I talk to each night and the person that calls and texts me ALL day (and yet it DOESN”T annoy me AT ALL…) … he’s got a lot of game, but he definitely a sweet guy… we’ve been talking about the rules of dating (in general), and well of course his rules are more relaxed (but ain’t that typical for a guy)…. Anyways, we’ve talked about sooo much… we usually talk for a couple of hours each morning before we start our day… then during the day and then at night before we go out and when we come back… anyway, needless to say I’m enjoying my time with New Yorker… except we got into our first little argument last night…. New Yorker was suppose to catch the train up here to Baltimore last night (it was a last minute decision and I shouldn’t have gotten overly excited, but I did)… we decide earlier yesterday that he would catch the train to Baltimore and we would hang out for a few days… well a whole bunch of random things happened (some out of his control)… anyways, he never came… and when he called me to tell me, boy was I pissed…. I was really short with him for the rest of the night, cause he got my hopes up and then disappointed me… I know he was sorry… he apologized over and over again, but I wasn’t in the mood to hear it or to really talk to him… See, here’s the thing… I can have a bad temper at time, so I learned to just shut my mouth whenever I get mad, upset or disappointed, cause I have a mouth on me and I can be very mean when I’m hurting…. So I’ve learned just to shut my mouth and not say nothing till I’m calm and can talk thing thru… I always make it a point to talk thing thru later though cause I feel the need to clear the air so we can move past the situation… I know, I know, it may not be the best way to hand things, but its saved many relationships because it gives me a chance to calm down and look at the situation from all angles before reacting, especially reacting negatively…. Anyways, that was last night…. Me and New Yorker have texted a little today, but we haven’t talked on the phone, which is sooooo weird for me and him…. And even thru texting earlier, he managed to apologize again and tell me that he thought about me all night yesterday…. And to be truthful, I thought about him all night as well…. I miss him, I miss his voice and I just wanna talk to him… I know he’s taking a nap right now and he said he’ll call me when he gets ups… and I can’t wait… I can’t wait to talk to him…

Yes, I know I haven’t known him for a long time, but things are just so comfortable with him… and I definitely glad that I decided to call him when he gave me my number…. And we are only talking and getting to know each other… we’re both open to seeing other people, especially since we live 3 ½- 4 hours away from each other…

anyways... IN called me today, we talked for a few minutes before i got off the phone with him... my mind was not focused on him....

New Years... only 5 days away....

6 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

I'm first?!?!

Yay! What a great way to start my bloggin relationship with you.

Hmmm, so love is in the air o! Should I start measuring my lace for the wedding?

Confused Naija Girl said...

i'm second!!!
i will be keeping my fngers crossed for you and him. it seems like you really like him and vice versa for him.

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooo glad this one is actually keeping you interested. He sounds like a really nice dude.

Where are u from??

Anonymous said...

your new york sounds like my africa ... and if you feel anything like i do i am soooo sooo sooo happy for you ... yeah and on the temper issues i understand ... ha oh do i understand!

Discombobulated Diva said...

@ Vera Ezimora... welcome... gotta go check out your blog as well...

@ Confusednaijagirl... i do like him... lets see where it goes..

@ Epsilonicus... I'm from Nigeria.. and i do want to marry a Nigerian, but i;m really feeling this guy

@ AI... girl, i am loving at the moment... and I am soooo happy... yeah gotta watch that temper of mine sometime

Discombobulated Diva said...

@ Overwhelmed.. lol...yeah i understand broken english...
IN, the gym guy and I kinda fell into the friend zone without realizing it... even though he still flirts with me at the gym, its obvious that we're just gonna ba friends now..