Tuesday, September 05, 2006

things i learned this weekend...

So, this weekend was interesting… I got some rest and just chilled out… went to a party on Sunday night… where I saw a bunch of old friends and a few Exs (this area isn’t that big, luckily the 2 exs didn’t know each other)… Anyways, I was talking to my one ex, K… ex K and I stopped dating like 3 years ago, but we’re still friends and he was quite tipsy and I was a little intoxicated myself, but no where near tipsy… anyways, he spent most of the night flirting with me, which didn’t bother me much cause one we’re friends, two, I’m single and three, he knows that I wouldn’t really do anything with him anyways (but ex K did manage to get a kiss from me while we were on the dance floor, it was just a small peck, but he did it so unexpectedly I didn’t have much time to react, so I just played it off)… anyway, so later on towards the end of the evening, my more recent ex, G, showed up… G and I are also still cool… we stopped talking/dating earlier this year… anyways, apparently me and K were quite close and it was not very pleasing to my ex G, my female friend was watching the whole situation, and she was telling me that at one point when K and I were standing close to one another (ok, very close cause K, had his arm sorta wrapped around me and we were talking)… anyway, ex G, didn’t like it all and was looking pissed off and jealous and then he shook his head as in disbelief… now it would be one thing if we were still dating or hanging out, but me and ex G stopped talking like in April and we just only recently became associates/friends in like the last month or so… so I don’t understand why he would get pissed for me interacting with another guy…
Anyways, it doesn’t matter to me, but I just don’t understand… that whole thing about ex G looking pissed and acting jealous was so not his style, like he likes to believe that he’s super mature (which G is most of the time, but he’s still young and he should enjoy his youth instead of trying so hard to be older)… him showing an emotion of jealousy was just not him and it kinda threw me off… don’t get me wrong I definitely know the G cared about me when we were ‘dating’ and all and I’m sure he still cares about me and an individual and as a human being, but for him to be jealous or for him to even let that emotion show just was unexpected…

Another thing I learned this weekend… apparently I’m a huge flirt… now, its not the first time someone has told me this... and I’m sure it won’t be the last time… but I don’t do it intentionally most of the time… to me I’m just being friendly and nice… but apparently I’m a flirt (I’ve had a couple of ex-boyfriends tell me that as well as some friends)… but my friend that I went to the party with on Sunday told me that I was being very flirtatious with my ex K at the party, but I was just being friendly and just chilling…

I'm having a party soon... my ex G is invited, so are most of my other exs (cause I'm friends or associated with most of my exs) and my crush... its gonna be very interesting...

I remember this one time after me and this one guy broke up a few years ago and we were just talking and I asked him what bothered him about me and he said I was really flirtatious (that was the first time someone had every called me flirtatious)… and that it bothered him with I flirted with other guys while we were dating (the crazy thing to me was that I thought I had not been or overly friendly to other people because I kept in mind that I had a bf)… and I asked him why didn’t he tell me that while we dating instead of just letting it bother him… and he replied, ‘it also part of the reason I’m so attracted to you and that its so ingrained in your personality as a person and that sometime your friendliness can be seen as being flirtatious…’ anyways long story short, he liked me being flirtatious just not to other people… which is understandable…
Its rare that I have to try to be flirtatious with a guy, I’m usually just being the friendly person that I am…

No comments: