Thursday, September 21, 2006

I got a re-newed energy to writing in my blog again... after reading some other people's blogs and realizing that my life is much life others...

So i went out last nite with girls (you'll hear about them alot, these are my main two girls, and we have other girls that come along occasionally... anyways, AB & NN... me and AB tend to see more eye to eye on things, and NN is a fairly new addition to the group, but she adds some a new dimension to the our crew of friends... and of course i'm the only Naija babe in the group... but we're all from foreigners or from the islands)...
anyways, we just went to a happy hour and dinner yestersday... yea, i know that from my last post i said i was decreasing the amount of drinking that i do (yeah, i am... I'm on a limit of 2 drinks per day (ALL DAY, No exceptions)...) so as my girls were drinking away, i gently stopped after my second drink and chilled with water for the rest of the evening, which wasn't so bad... anyways, we left the happy hour spot, ate dinner and on our way back to da car, we stopped in at this other happy hour nite spot... the promotor was being over zealous, so we decided to step in for a few minutes just to check it out... the place was nice actually, wasn't alot of people there yet but it was still cool... now the promotor, S, should have been smart and offered to buy a drinks (where i would have ordered a cup of water ;-))... but being that he was a Naija guy, he of course was being cheat and didn't do such... now, let's get it straight, my girls and I are young professionals, we go out alot, we spend money... we make decent to good money, we don't need a guy to buy us drinks or anything like that, but the offer would have been nice... anyways, of course he starts talking to me in yoruba.... hmmm, ok... so anyways, he's like where's your boyfriend... well i don't particularly have one at the moment... Oh, so when can i take you to dinner... how bout you start with a conversation and we'll see where that goes... blah blah blah... we exchanged numbers.. turns out S is 33... yeah, that's 9 years older than me, that's an issue for me... especially if being a promotor is your main gig (which i hope its not, everyone needs a side hussle, but promoting can't be your main gig, at least not at that age...) and I did take notice that he didn't offer to get me and my friends drinks which is just a prelude of his charactor/behavior (offering would have been the polite thing to do and you gotta notice the small things early on, cause they are clues to what an individual is really like once the representative is gone) and I must admit, i thin 33 is a bit old for me... but i guess we'll see what happens...

I've had my fair share of expereinces with the naija guys in da Bmore/DC area... needless to say, i haven't been overly impressed with my experiences... actually thought of moving out of MD for a bit to get away from the small Nigerian circle here...

3 comments:

LondonBuki said...

LOL @ MD's Nigerian circle! I wonder what you'd do if you were in London!!! I understand where you are coming from...

As for the 33 year old guy, I don't think it's just the age... his promoter gig is not attractive to you either so that doesn't help.

I don't drink... not because I am allergic, not because I look down on it... it's because I am lively enough. When I am out sometimes, people ask me if I am drunk, WHEN I CLEARLY AM NOT! So good luck with your drinking less plan...

I like your blog and will read your other posts when I've left work.

Have a fab weekend :-)

Anonymous said...

If he was trying to gholler then he should have definitely offered a drink. It was the polite thing to do.

Anonymous said...

girl.. if you think the naija circle in the Bmore/DC area is small.. you should check out the one here. All the guys here have been recycled.... regurgitated....!!!