Wednesday, September 20, 2006

After all the craziness of my party weekend… and now that I’m all grown and all that… its time to move on to the next phase of my life… Now I’m training for a marathon… yes me… little old me is training to do a marathon and raising money for the marathon as well… the marathon is such a great achievement!!!
So apparently some of my friends think I drink too much sometimes (WHAT!!!) ok, I do admit that I can definitely throw it down with the best of them, but I don’t drink THAT much… anyways, one Friday evening one of my friends stopped by my job to pick up some food and we were talking and he just inferred that I’m not at my best when I drink and that people don’t say the nicest things about me when I drink… and I simply said to him, so what… am I suppose to go around worried about what a bunch of young minded think they know about me… truth is we’re all not on the page or path in life, so they can judge me… I’ve accomplished so much for my age, so what if I want to party hard now while I can… I didn’t do all the crazy stuff they did while in college, its that same crazy stuff they did that got them spending an extra semester or year(s) in college just to get their first degrees… these are the same people who are still working on their first degree while I’ve finished my second degree… please don’t misunderstand me ( I know everyone works on a different path and timeline), but how can they have the nerve to talk about me when they can’t get their shit together… I have a plan for my life, for my future and just cause I don’t go sharing it with them they think that I’m just drinking my life away… whatever man… I must admit, I do drink… actually I drink a lot, but not everyday… just once or twice (at the most) a week when I go out with my friends, why is it any of their concern anyways, I know they’re not in it for my well being, so they should just mind their own business…

anyways, this all bring me to a comedy show I was watching the other day where the comedian was saying that having haters mean that you’re obviously doing something with yourself… no one would hate on you if u didn’t have something they wanted, whether it be looks, money, success and so on… it made some sense to me… so for all those haters… please hate on, cause that just means I’m doing some right!

4 comments:

Naijadude said...

Having your second degree when some ppl are still working on their first seems like an achievement but do you get to realise its not all about the books. At the end we are all aiming for this well-paid job, with all your book-smartness, efficiency and how you put it to work matters. If you keep drinking yourself away and making a fool of yourself, you obviously know doesnt present a good image for you.
Its so obvious everyone in the world are all concerned about money, check the richest list on Forbes.com and tell me how many has so great of an achievement of yours by getting 2 degrees by age 23? Ooh plz cool ur nerves and enjoy the day life's too short.

Anonymous said...

Amen girl, shit people will talk if u're doing good or bad they just don't have anything else to discuss.I enjoy a little drink or two or three on the weekend cus i work hard and go to school during the week day(i never get shitfaced though) so when someone says shit like that "people r talkin" ,ask them who the peeps r ,bet they'll be quiet cus the peeps r them tsweeeeee, enjoy u're self jare as long as u're life is altogether like u said.

Anonymous said...

Feel sorry for peeps like that, must be sad not having anything better to do but talk about productive people.If i lived in B-more i would have joined u for a glass.People like us enjoy a nice glass or two (EVEN A COUPLE OF SHOTS) after a long week of school and work to unwind.If peeps have a problem with that they shud grab a glass too its on us *CHEERS*.

Discombobulated Diva said...

thanks...yeah, i know i shouldn't let people get on my nerves, and usually i don't... but this comment just got to me... that's all...

there's nothing wrong with a few drinks as hard I work during the week & on the weekend...