Friday, September 22, 2006

Its Friday!

Its finally friday... now usually on a friday i leave work early... head straight to the mall to go find a new outfit to wear out tonight... go home for a few minutes... then head out to a happy hour with my girls, then jump from bar to bar or party... oh, how i miss those days (granted all that just stopped 2 weeks ago... but whatever)... that was a typical friday for me... you could always bet on me and my two girls, AB & NN, to go out on friday nite, party all night then pass out in the weee early hours of the morning... but now i'm looking forward to a nice long workout at the gym, a little running (bout a mile or two)... then go home cook dinner, relax... maybe a little tv, then off to bed cuz i gotta be up early for my running in the morning... now, y the drastic change in life style, well first of all i've partied enough for a while i needed a break and secondly i'm preparing for a marathon (26.2 Miles) that's in January and i want to make sure that i com both physically and emotionally ready for this hugh change... and honestly I don't mind the change in weekend events cause now i'm more rested and i feel better in general... and it helps on cutting out the drinkin and all that great stuff... AB & NN are running in this marathon as well, so they're not going to be partying or going out quite as much either... I may go out on saturday evening though, it my cousin's birthday (you know how in Nigeria everyone is your cousin/aunt/uncle...) so i may go out with them (still on my 2 drink limit) even though i'm not on the best terms with this cousin... she over stepped her position and i quickly had to let herknow i didn't appreciate it... but that's a story for another day...

anyways, I spent most of the morning talking to my ex thru email... he lives in a different country... this is the same ex that i've written about in my early posts... anyways, my friends don't understand how i can be such good friends with him or any of my other exs... well for me, if the relationship didn't end badly (as in he was mis-treating me) then i don't see a reason for not being friends... granted i am friends with the ex that cheated on me, but it took me a long time to become friends with him and it took a big part of me to forgive him... anyways, i enjoy talking to the ex that over seas... sometimes i'm reminded of exactly why i fell in love with him and then of course there are time when i think what the hell did i ever see in him... but lucky for him the pros always outway the cons... and there is one thing about him that makes him different from the rest of my exs, he's the guy i thought i would marry and have his children, but apparently that wasn't meant to be... maybe its still possible, but who knows, i can't wait around and see i have to keep living my life and just take it one day at a time...

3 comments:

UnNaked Soul said...

its friday and wish u were in niaja to see some groovy kickin... tmrw in lagos is Tanjia's re-opening and its going to be pack with island peeps groovin like there is no sunday... do have a wonderful friday sista...

blog on!!!

Anonymous said...

wow... you sound just like me a couple of years ago...

as per the ex overseas.... its easy to fantasize or dwell on the past.. but i'm sure the reality of dating him again would be much different...(?)

Discombobulated Diva said...

Belle, you couldn't be more right!!! I know dating him again would be much different than before... but still sometimes the thought crosses my mind