Friday, November 02, 2007

the men in my life

Things with TA (the guy I’m seeing) are going good… he’s not your typical guy, but then again, I’m not your typical gal… so I guess we’re a good match… but I haven’t really spoken much about him, and I probably won’t, since he doesn’t know I have a blog and I wouldn’t want to put too much of his business out there… anyways, TA comes off as ‘one of the guys’ type of guys, but he’s just as considerate as can be… it’s the small things that he does or doesn’t do that makes me appreciate him… for example, one Friday evening, he was having a guys nite at his house, but I didn’t know that and I told him I was gonna come by later after I was done running some errands… and he was like of course come by… and of course I took much longer than expected… and some of his boys were over at his place, they had made a run to get food and alcohol… and he being the considerate guy that he is, he brought me dinner and got me some nice wine (cause I don’t drink what him and his friends drink)… and it was just such a sweet gesture… I know his friends probably looked at him like he was crazy while in the liquor store when he bought the bottle of wine… and trust me, I know its such a small gesture, but for me, it’s the small things that matter the most :-)… like knowing what I like and making sure you have it around the house when I come over, even if its not something he likes… and sometimes when I question myself when we’re apart (you must remember, this relationship is quite young), I always remember how I feel when I’m with him and the constant smile on my face, and the great conversations about every and anything and then I’m rested assured, things are good… I could go on and on… but I know u all don’t want to hear about all the little things he does that I appreciate… but I do find it quite odd, that we don’t really talk on the phone that much… but when we’re together, we always have something to say to one another and the conversations range from silly to thought provoking to life desires and so much more… so I don’t think that’s a big issue, he’s not a big phone person and neither am I, unless you’re one of my girls and we’re gossiping :-)….

Its odd… me and my ex, L… we work for the same company in London… just a coincidence… anyways, our relationship is odd…. We talk about a variety of things that friends talk about, but then we also talk about other items, that I wouldn’t necessarily share with even my closest friends… I guess it has more to do with the fact that, we’ve already crossed those lines and boundaries years ago, so we’re not as shy to discuss some topics that wouldn’t normally come up with regular friends… I must admit, since I don’t have a proper female pal yet in London, its nice to be able to talk to him about some of those things… but sometimes it’s a bit odd… like telling I was seeing someone was difficult… even though we talk about him and all the girls that are chasing him all the time and all that… it took me a little while to getting around to tell him that and when I finally did… he was surprised… we were in the mall after church talking when it came up… I do miss having my girls around or my sisters around… I mean I talk to them all the time in email, texts and on the phone, but its not quite the same cause they’re not here so they can’t truly understand what’s going on or meet the guy I’m always talking about and so on and so on…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sounds like a good guy ... and i miss my girls too ... though i have been lucky enough to bond with the other black girl in my program ... glad to hear things are well!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear things are going well. At least you do have someone in London to hang out with. It helps ease the transition

Discombobulated Diva said...

AI... or Ms. Brwn... its hard not having your girls around, but i'm making my own way and learning alot about myself along the way... glad u were able to find someone to bond with!

@Epsilonicus.... whats up!!! the transition has been a bit hard then expected... and I miss Bmore like crazy... but it is nice to know that i have someone here to turn to, even if its not my girls...

~DD