Friday, January 05, 2007

Running into IN... NY for the weekend...

So I went to the gym Wednesday evening… first time I’d been to the gym since the week before Christmas (just been running instead… cause my gym is close to my job and not where I live) anyways… I was hoping I wouldn’t see IN, but I knew that the chances of that happening were slim… so I just finished working out on the machines upstairs and was heading down stairs to do some circuit training and work on my abs… when I see IN walking up the stairs with a client… all I could think was “Yes, he’s busy, so at least he won’t be able to corner me…”… I tried to walk by nonchalantly and just hey and keep it moving, but as soon as he saw me, he smiled and said ‘ that’s messed up… we need to talk…’ and I said ok and kept walking…. Talk… talk about what… so anyways, I was stretching and finishing my up my workout, when IN came by and starting talking about how I totally forgot about him and blah blah blah… and I simply said to him, jokingly… I told you have a short attention span and that I deserve a lot of attention (note: I’m not a diva (although my friends may beg to differ), but if a guy is interested, he needs to act like he is… I don’t have time for games…) and he replied, but I called u last week… and I simply said yeah u called me once after not seeing me in the gym for 2 weeks… and the convo went on in that manner… then he’s like if you’re done with your workout, let’s go grab some dinner… but I couldn’t, I had somewhere else I have to be at within the hour, so I declined… he’s like, but we should talk… and I simply replied you know my number and walked away… now if IN was really serious, he should have call me later Wednesday night or even yesterday… but nope, nothing… but then again I wasn’t expecting him to call nor did I really want him to call… so anyways, case & point… IN is just gonna be a friend…

Anyways, on to pressing issues… I’m going to NY tomorrow and I'm gonna get to see New Yorker… can’t wait to see him… this trip was already planned b4 I mean New Yorker, cause one of my friends that lives in DC, that's a promotor, is having this huge party in NY so me and my girls are going for the party… Anyways, I’m just happy that it worked out this way cause now I get to see my baby as well… now, I really want to spend time with New Yorker, but I definitely don’t want to miss the party that I was planning on going to, so I’m thinking that neither I hang out with New Yorker b4 I go out with my friends or invite him and his boys to come along to the party…. I kinda mentioned that to him as well about him coming to the party… and he’s like whatever I want to do is cool as long we’re together… so I dunno… I’m not big on bringing a guy I’m talking to a party in general (just cause things aren't really defined yet and so on), but then I don’t want to abandon my friends for New Yorker or vice versa… but inviting him to the party sounds like the best option and it may all work out especially since I do want to see him so much…

Tomorrow is the big day for me… I’ll be running 23 miles in the morning… it’ll be the furthest I’ve ever run and the most I will run before my marathon… The Marathon is in exactly 3 weeks from this Sunday… Once I finish this 23 mile run, I will feel much more confident about my marathon and being able to complete it… training has been so hard for this marathon, but it’s been worth it…

Yes, I know I have a packed day tomorrow… first the run in the morning, then riding up to NY, then the party... it's all good though, I can handle it... besides I’ve been resting up and everything all week, so I should be good… have a great weekend…

3 comments:

Confused Naija Girl said...

yahh! i am first!
I hope you have a great weekend.
New yorker sounds like a great guy, i say invite him to the party with you!!

Vera Ezimora said...

Please, ask NYorker is he has a brother. That's the most important thing right now

Ajike said...

I am so in support of New Yorker than IN. New Yorker seems like the real deal... All the best deciding...
You are very disciplined oh... training for the marathon... Go gal....