Monday, January 08, 2007

New York for the nite... with my New Yorker...

OMG… 23 miles is a long ways… but I am glad to say that I completed the 23 miles run this weekend successfully… I was in a lot of pain afterwards, but I am glad I did it and it made me feel so much more confident about my marathon in 3 weeks… excited!!!

So my friend, AB and I, finished running… we went to her place to get ready for NY… called our friend, NB, to head over cause we’d be ready to leave soon… anyways, after a whole bunch of random events, we finally made it onto the bus… we only caught the bus cause it was cheap, convenient and we had a ride back with our friend who had left for NY the day before…
Anyways, I tired to take a nap on the bus, but it wasn’t happening… everyone kept calling me to make sure we we’re still coming (turns out a lot of my friends were in NY that weekend and were planning on going to the same party)… so my phone was ringing off the hook, and not to mention New Yorker was calling to make sure I was still coming and to see how far away we were and so on… finally made it to New York… the bus was suppose to drop us off at Penn Station, but it stopped in Chinatown and they told everyone to get off… hmmm, guess that what you get for the cheap ride, but the ride was surprisingly comfortable… anyways, we make our way to Harlem, luckily NB knew the train system and we navigated our self to our friend, C’s place… we finally made it to C’s place at like 10pm, where she had a nice home cooked meal and drinks waiting for us! What a great host!!!

Anyways, New Yorker and his boy showed up around midnight to pick us up… my first impression (cause I haven’t seen him in over 3 weeks, which was the first time we met)… was he’s as cute as I remember… was surprised at how natural it felt when we hugged… and in the back of my mind, I knew that it was gonna be a great evening… we’re all in the car talking, laughing and tripping… it was six of us in the car (we were riding in a Hummer, so it was comfortable)… but I really wished that it was just New Yorker and me, as we sat in the car and texted each other as we drove to the club… we finally made it to the party, the guys dropped us off and went to go park and when we walked into the party, first people we see are some friends that are in town… and one of them is like my little brother from college, FC… (quick side note: I met FC his freshmen year in college and my junior year and we just really clicked, he was like a little brother to me… anyways, a couple of months ago when I went back to my school for homecoming, I saw FC at a party and he was beyond drunk… I was pretty tipsy myself… but I sobered up when I saw the FC needed someone to watch him and take care of him… anyways, that nite FC kissed me and it totally threw me off and I just blamed it on the alcohol.. we never talked about it and I just assumed that he was too drunk to remember what happened…) So anyways, as I walked into this club, I say hi to the girls and then to FC… except that FC pulls me a little too close, not just like a friend close to give a hug, but a little too close for my comfort… and he started coming on a little strong which I didn’t expect and I tried to play it off and one again chuck it up to the fact that he had been drinking. Normally I wouldn’t have paid it any attention, except that he had called me earlier in the evening on my ride up, talking about I’ve been thinking about you and I can’t wait to see u and so on…

Anyways, New Yorker and his boy came into the club a few minutes a later and well I pretty much stayed with him the entire time at the party… it was a little too much PDA between New Yorker and myself, for my own taste… the holding hands and dancing and stuff was cute… but the kissing and so on that occurred was totally not necessary… but in my defense, I let him take the lead (PDA doesn’t bother me in general and I’m not opposed to it, so I usually let the guy lead incase he feels a particular way about it)… well, let’s just say that New Yorker had no shame in his game, he had no problems showing everyone that he was feeling me and vice versa…. It was cool though, me and New Yorker were that couple u look at and say ‘get a room’… hmmm… anyways, after the club we went to get some dinner or rather breakfast in the city before heading back home for the evening…
It was definitely hard saying bye to New Yorker on Sunday afternoon when we were getting ready to leave… it was so nice to be with him, see him and spend time with him… we had a really good time together… all the worries went out the window and everything just clicked between us… which I’m glad it did… but he started talking about long-term stuff again… hmmm, which worried me….
After New Yorker left, my friends and I went to brunch before hitting the road… Got home around midnight and it was a struggle to get up this morning at 6am… so I didn’t… stayed my butt in bed til like 9:30 when New Yorker called me to see how I was doing…
The verdict is that I do like New Yorker a lot, but I’m just not sure about the future… not sure how much potential our relationship has… but for now, I’m just going with the flow… New Yorker may be coming up here this weekend, but its not definite yet…

After I finished talking to New Yorker this morning, I called my ex, L, this morning… I had a dream about him last night that really scared me, so I had to call him to make sure he was okay and to check up on him … he’s doing well he says, and I briefly told him about the dream and begged him to be careful… the dream really scared me… I usually don’t remember my dreams, but this dream was so clear and vivid… as I was telling L to be careful and take care of himself, I felt tears coming down my face cause the dream scared me… L has a way of easing my fears, he was able to calm me down and make me feel better (that's one of the great things about him)... As usual we talked about a whole bunch of things... especially the future, he tried to ask if or who I'm dating and I manage to beat around the bush with my answer, but i'm always straight forward with him, i simply ask 'so, who's the new girl in your life'... he says he doesn't have one, and i believe him... we talk about moving to Nigeria, cause he just got back from Naija on Saturday evening... suprising that he wants to move to Nigeria now, cause when we were dating I told him that I planned on moving to Nigeria and he wasn't trilled with the idea, but considered it then cause we were making plans for the future... but now i'm glad to hear that he's planning on moving back... I wouldn't or couldn't tell L about New Yorker... one, its too early in relationship with New Yorker and secondly, I already know what he's going to say... anyways, it was great talking to L, its always great talking to him... hadn't talked to him since he left for Nigeria a few weeks ago... but i'm just glad that he's doing well...

I finally made it to work around noon today… I’ve still not recovered from my run or the events on Saturday evening with my friends & New Yorker… but it was worth it… cause I had a great time…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

im glad youre weekend went well ... i thought about u this weekend... i was sure you were havin a ball and wouldnt want to leave! Go with the flow is my motton for 07!

Confused Naija Girl said...

its nice you had a great weekend. I am happy for you. JUst continue going with the flow with Newyorker. i hope things work out with you guys!!

So...Wise...Sista said...

Hmmm...I like the friendship with the Ex...

Anonymous said...

awwww... that's just fantastic.. I'm so happy things went well with the new yorker... pda eh? no problems sha... as long as you're having fun... see me smiling like it was me that met up wit new yorker self.. it's great tho... and yea.. it's incredible that you're able to have a relationship with your ex(i've never been able to!)