Thursday, January 11, 2007

Re-Focusing …

Re-Focusing …

And so I was reading Naijadude’s post the other day, Be Yourself…. And it made me realize that I’ve been distracted lately… before the holiday season, before I met IN and before I started kicking it with New Yorker, I was so focused on applying to school in the UK for grad school and figuring what I wanted from life, trying to figure out the next step for myself… But I’ve been so slack about it lately… my plan was to have all my applications out by the end of December… well, let’s just say December 31st came and went by with out me making a visit to the post office :-/… but no worries, my applications aren’t due until March, but I’ve resolved to continue to work on them and hopefully send most of them out by the beginning of February… worked on one of my personal statement for one of the schools, think I’m just about done with it, sent it to my sister to proof read... once I have the first personal statement done for grad school, the rest will be easy… I’ll just have to make minor adjustment to the first personal statement for grad school and I just finished the personal statement for the intership.. … I got 5 applications to finish… 4 are for school and 1 is an internship program… so I’m back on the grind with that…

And I realized that I never finished making my list of personal goals for 2007:

  1. Lose these last 10/15 pounds that I’ve been playing with for a few months
  2. Travel to 2 places I’ve never been (one being Atlanta - cause I’ve never been…)
  3. Participate in another running event (Aside from my Marathon at the end of January)
  4. Go back to school
  5. ...
  6. ...
  7. ...

Haven't quite finished the goal list yet, but still working on it...

And on the New Yorker situation... he makes me happy at the moment and i can't remember the last time i've been this happy... so i'm gonna go with the flow... I'm sure i'll eventually talk things thru with New Yorker and we'll take it from there; but for now, we're still early in our relationship, so no need to jump the gun on things... so i'm just going with the flow :-)...

Some quotes:


Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have, or could have had. No one waits forever...


There is a time for risky love. There is a time for extravagant gestures. There is a time to pour out your affections on one you love. And when the time comes --seize it, don't miss it. ~Max Lucado


Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will work. –Dr. Robert Anderson

I don't cross my bridges until I get to them... I've spent a lot of time defeating myself crossing bridges that I never get to, so now I just deal with whatever reality is in front of me and not necessarily what ifs... ~Anon

10 comments:

Naijadude said...

I wish you goodluck with your application to the grad schools. Its not about how far, its how well! As far as your goals for the year is, that is!

Have a good one hun!!

Vera Ezimora said...

I like that quote at the end. Indeed, I'm tired of crossing bridges before getting 2 them.

Anonymous said...

Life is all about risks and it requires you to jump. Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what they would have, or could have had. No one waits forever...

That's just a perfect quote.. and one I personally live my life by.. I agree with you and the New yorker's situation... hope that works out cos you deserve the best and goodluck accomplishing your other goals babe...

Anonymous said...

I like the bridges quote. A lot of people kill their dreams before they are even formed. I know I have almost done it on several occasions.

Sheba Brooks Moore said...

thanks for the feedback on my post...i need to get to starting my new years resolutions before the summer gets here...its just soooo cold...

Confused Naija Girl said...

GReat DD. I love the quotes especially the one about finding one reason why something will work.Good luck on your goals though!!

Naija Vixen said...

Luvvn your blog DD(your name too too long abeg oh!)And guudluck with setting and achieving your goals!

Vera Ezimora said...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey hun, just got back and I'm trying to catch up ... who is Newyorker??? Don't worry I'll read on and soon be up to date.

Good luck focusing this year, I need to do what you've done and make a list of what I want to achieve this year.

I love the quote about finding just one good reason why you can do something!

Vera Ezimora said...

Update!