Wednesday, January 03, 2007

3.09am

3:09am… I was awoken from my sleep with a text… ‘I’m on my way home’… it was my baby (New Yorker… yeah I know it early to be giving each other cute little nicknames, but that started as soon as we started talking)… he went bowling/drinking with his boys last night and well I wanted to call to say good night earlier in the evening, but I didn’t want to call him while he was with his boys cause I don’t want to crowd him… after I replied to text, we went back and forth for 10 minutes… he wanted to make sure it was ok for him to call me since I was already sleeping, he didn’t want to disturb me even more… but of course I told him it was cool… its always nice to hear his voice… he called me a few minutes later when he got home… said he wanted to call me earlier when they were bowling cause he knew I was going to bed early, but his boys been teasing him like crazy about us always being on the phone, so I understood… cause well, we are always on the phone, sometimes he calls them (his boys) on 3-way with me, just so me and him don’t have to get off the phone… and when I call him, he answers the phone ‘Hey baby’ even around his boys… so I understood…

We talked for a little bit before we both decided it was time for bed… I dunno what it is about this guy, but he is the sweetest thing… always knows exactly what to say, to make my heart do that little skip & jump, and put a smile on my face…
Anyways, New Yorker has a game plan for his job and life and things in 07 in general… said he was gonna start putting it into action… but I knew it was gonna be rough for to get up this morning after a nite out with his boys… had to call him this morning to make sure he was up and getting ready to go into the office… now all of this isn’t strange at all, but when I started thinking about it, I realize that when he talks about the plan for work and the future, its always ‘us’ and ‘we’ and so on… and the fact that when I called his this morning, I was like ‘baby, you gotta get up and start working on the plan…. Blah blah blah”… made me start thinking… when did I get so concerned about his plan, the plan or our plan… i'm just suppose to be going with the flow?

12 comments:

Vera Ezimora said...

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vera Ezimora said...

I'm jealous!!! I wish you all the best oh, but I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

ha! all i can do is laugh ... im through with you and all of this similarity between the two of us! lol

So...Wise...Sista said...

Awww so cute! But at the same time dont ignore the voice in your head that's questioning things. Keep on analyzing but keep having fun too!

Sheba Brooks Moore said...

fish go with the flow, the walking man on land follow through with the plan...

peace

Confused Naija Girl said...

i dont think this guy sounds like a going with the flow kind of guy. you might be falling in LUV girl!!

Discombobulated Diva said...

@ Vera... thanks girl, I'm just enjoying it right now...

@ AI... girl we have too much in common...

@ So Wise... I definitely still have my guard up and I plan on being careful... but i am definitely enjoying myself with him...

@Amiamazing... I'm gonna try to go with the flow as long as its not going too fast, you know how it easy it can be to get ahead of one's self without realizing it...

@Confused... He definitely is the the type to go with the flow... but for some reason he says things with me r different... me, falling??? I dunno about that yet?

NaijaBloke said...

Discom ...u've already fallen for this guy jo ..I guess IN just lost out ..

Anonymous said...

"us", "We", you two must be really feeling each other out.

Discombobulated Diva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Discombobulated Diva said...

@ Naijabloke... maybe u're right, but i'm trying to slow things down alot... can't go rushing into anything...

@Epsilonicus... the 'us' and 'we' stuff makes me a lil nervous... but to be honest I really am feeling him and i think its mutual... When I talk to him though, I always say me and you (refering to him) and he always replies with an 'us' or 'we'... so, we'll see...

@ Overwhelmed... he is such a sweetheart and he definitely makes me smile :-)...

Ajike said...

you have it good girl... for him to be the one including you on 'his plans'... that is a very good sign... i wish you the very best with him...
your blog is very interesting... nice posts...