Monday, January 22, 2007

update....

Ok, so I’ve been MIA for a little bit… life’s just been a tad bit busy for me, that’s all…

Let’s see… I’ve went to the gym twice last week, and both types IN was like what’s up, what’s going on and just trying real hard to talk to me… and usually we talk after my workout, but both times he had clients and I wasn’t about to wait… he did call me one of the evenings, but I pretended to be asleep when I picked up the phone… So anyways, IN was blowing up my phone this weekend… he literally called me 7 times on Saturday evening between 8pm and 10:30pm (yes I went into my phone and counted how many times he called)… and he was spitting a whole bunch of non-sense… talking about how I’m playing him and how we should go out tonight and I’m like r u joking, i’ve got plans and its too last minute… I’m like I have plans, I’m going to DC… and of course he says, I’m going to DC too… where r u going in DC, maybe I’ll come hang out with you… NEGATIVE buddy… told him it was a small get together… which it kinda was… which leads me to my evening Saturday night… went to my friend’s house party in DC… it was mostly white people, but me and my girls had a blast… hadn’t had that much fun at a house party in years…

On to New Yorker… so the representative is officially gone and well I don’t like things as they are now… I mean, I’m not miserable, just not over the top happy like I usually am about New Yorker… I dunno what it is, but some time last weekend (not this one that just pasted, but MLK weekend) since then New Yorker has been a little MIA… like we haven’t been talking as much and he just seemed distracted… now I know that things are difficult for him at the moment with work, but that been the case since we started talking, so that can’t be the reason for him acting like this… sometime last week I decided that I was gonna be patient with him and the situation… cause technically he’s not my boyfriend and we are in an open relationship, but honestly if this thing is gonna work, he’s gonna have to give me all the attention and time that I need and that I give him… so New Yorker and I talked yesterday (Sunday) afternoon… he was blowing up my phone as well, calling on both my cell phones til I picked up the phone… and well he didn’t sound so happy when I finally picked up my phone, he was grilling me with questions talking about where r u, what did u do last night, what guy were you with and well u get the gist of it… I told him he needed to calm down and stop assuming I was doing anything wrong and I reassured him that I didn’t do anything with anyone, so after he calmed down he apologized… at first I was confused where all these crazy questions were coming from, but then again I did text him some random things the previous night while I was at my friend’s house party after drinking more than I probably should have (drunk texting is never a good idea)…

Anyways, we got over that hump and we were talking as usual… and I was gonna bring up the issue that I was having with him not being around as much and what was going on and so on… but before I could we got of the phone at like 4 or so (granted we were on the phone for over an hour, but I got so caught up in talking about other things with him that I never got a chance to mention what was on my mind)… and well, that was the last time I talked to him yesterday, I called him later in the evening and texted him, but nothing… no response… and I was thinking … see that’s the shit I’m talking about… so I went to bed a little annoyed… didn’t sleep well and I had this dream about me and him fussing… so I got up early and got ready for work and on my 40 minute drive to work, my phone rings very unexpectedly… and its New Yorker… said he was calling cause ‘he wanted to let me know that he was ok, that his phone died and that he had left it up the block at this boy’s place and that he woke up early cause he couldn’t sleep cause he didn’t get to talk to me and cause he didn’t me to be worrying that something happened to him and to wish me a good day and so on’…. Said he got up early and went up the block to get his phone just so he could talk to me… sweet, right… and I wanted to believe him just cause he NEVER gets up that early for anything, and that put a smile on my face.. And I told him that he was an interesting guy and that I’ll take that statement as face value and we’ll deal with what’s on my mind later…

But of course New Yorker was persistent and wanted to know what was the matter… said he didn’t want me to be angry or upset with him and I told him that’s he’s been MIA for the last week or so and that all those questions about me always being with some other guy makes me think that he’s only asking me that cause he’s doing stuff with other women… and of course, New Yorker is a sweet talker and said that he’s sorry about not being around as much as I want him to be and he’ll fix it and that he only asks me those question cause he feels like he has the best girl in town and he doesn’t want any other guy touching me… that’s he not doing anything with any other girl… and so on and so on… needless to say he got back on my good side again… and well it did feel good to talk to him and get things cleared up… and I appreciate the way he was persistent about clearing the air between us and making sure that everything was cool before I got to work and he went back to sleep… I miss him already and we just got off the phone 3 hours ago… can’t wait til he gets up so we can talk again :-)…

My weekend was packed… I’ll blog about my Friday nite later… fully of drama :-/ from this guy I used to date, we’ll call him OC…. I’ll explain all about that in my next post…

Quotes....
"I am more and more convinced that our happiness depends more on how we meet the events in our lives, than on those events themselves." ~Alexander Humboldt

"The most important trip you may take in life is meeting people halfway." Henry Boye

"If my hands are fully occupied in holding on to something, I can neither give nor receive. " ~Dorothee Solle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad youre back i was wondering how everything was! busy is good it means life is moving... maybe you and new yorker just have to find your groove now ... thats what africa and i are doing ... im realizing i cant have all of his time even though i want it ... he has school and well ive got my priorites too ... lookin forward to the oc story!

Anonymous said...

wow NY's got GAME!!

Vera Ezimora said...

Aw, NYer is soo sweet. Does he have a brother?

Anonymous said...

awwwwww... New Yorker is a sweetheart... In is now feeling your withdrawal symptoms.. they always want to hold on tighter when you start letting go... tough luck.. can't wait to hear more gist.. i'm glad youre iite... I love the Henry Boye quote

Discombobulated Diva said...

@ AI… I wish things could remain the same and me and New Yorker could spend all our time talking to each other as well… but u’re right finding out groove will definitely make things better, just gotta get use to the change… as you said in ur post, I’ve been spoiled as well!!!

@Belle…. Yeah, he’s definitely got a lot of game and I call him out on it all the time, but its still really cute…

@Vera… he is a sweetheart…hmmm, he doesn’t have any brothers like that, but he has a group of guys that he’s grown up with that all seem to have their head on straight…

@ Overwhelmed… IN missed his chance and now I’m focused on New Yorker….
People always want what they can’t have