Monday, January 14, 2008

finally, my 2008 goals...

Went to church on Sunday, and heard a very inspiring message… the message was about one’s hopes and desires and how to ensure they come true… the message emphasised on making goals that are realistic and attainable, assessing where you are and where you want to be and determining if you’re willing to make the sacrifices necessary to get to where you want to be… also, write your goals down so that you constantly know what you’re working towards… so I decided to do just that… write my goals downs, the things I wanted to do and accomplish this year… but not just lofty goals, but achievable and measurable goals… with measurable timelines...

New Years goals:

  1. Lose 10 to 15 lbs by April 1st, but hopefully sooner.
  2. Visit two places in Europe that I’ve never been to before
  3. Complete my master’s program
  4. Make more of a conscious effort to save (make at least one sizable deposit (hopefully more) into my saving account every month starting in February)
  5. Learn to budget better… I can spend with the best of them, but as I get older I need to be more responsible… not to mention that now that I live on my own, I have my own ‘real’ bills to pay.
  6. Payoff at least one credit card by June 1st

Update... I've been on the new BC pill for a week now... and so far so good... mood swings and irrational thinking (at least irrational for me) are gone... feeling more like myself, usual smile on my face, optimism is back and just better in general... thank goodness... let's just hope that things continue in this manner... its still early, but i'm hoping for the best...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestion to start saving. I recommend taking at least 10-20 from each pay check and putting it into your saving. It helps build the habit of saving.

kokolette said...

concerning goal #1...did you check of the BC pills you're taking causes one to gain weight coz i've heard some of them do!
Goodluck with your goals, they seem reasonable!!