Monday, July 02, 2007

Luving 'The A'

Ok… so I’ve underestimated Atlanta… can I say that Atlanta is definitely off the hook… it took forever for me to get out of BWI airport on Thursday evening… but I eventually got to Atl a little before midnight… went to pick up my rental car, got a free upgrade to a mustang and I must admit I was looking good in that white mustang… made it to my lines sister’s place around 1am… it was good seeing her and spending quality time with her… I miss her and didn’t spend nearly as much time with her, but it was great seeing her… met up with my home girl, AG on Friday, she was the reason I went to ATL in the first place… she picked me up Friday afternoon and the party was just getting started… we spend Friday grocery shopping for this huge cookout she was having on Saturday… then off to happy hour with some friends from college… then off to the clubs… had a great time Friday… and Saturday, woke up early to start preparing… we were expecting bout 200 plus people for the cookout, so there was a lot of work to be done… while AG was off getting her hair done and running errands, she left me to do the dirty work… I was left to seasoning all the food, and cooking and making sure everything would be ready… it was cool though, cause well I enjoy cooking and AG’s is one of my good friends, so I knew I’d be there to help make sure everything went well… anyways, abundant people, food and drinks is an understatement… the pool party was great, the turnout was unbelievable and well, lets just say the drinks were flowing… or rather overflowing… it was amazing to see so many of friends, some whom I haven’t seen since I left college in 04, some since the last homecoming…. Anyways, after a long day and an even longer nite of partying, we were all up pretty early on Sunday morning… and I was sad I was packing… a bunch of people crashed at AG’s place… it was like 7 on us there just chillin the next morning… anyways, I thought about changing my flight so I could extend this much needed vacation, but it turned out I couldn’t so I quickly packed up my bags and head for the airport around noon… made it home later in the evening… I was knocked out on the flight back to Bmore, cause as I said; I got little sleep over the weekend... back home and back to reality… hmmm… but I totally understand why my girl, AG loves Atlanta… it was cool

anyways, I was ready to deal with the whole situation with RFM… but when I called he didn’t pick up… and he finally called me like some fours hours later around midnight talking about ‘what are you up to’…. Really, at midnight on a Sunday night, what the hell do u think I’m doing… I was half sleep… but I managed to say that I wanted to finished the convo, and well he managed to put it off again, saying oh, he’s driving can we do it some other time… and I said sure, how does tomorrow sound… and he got all stressed and ask was I coming over… hmmm, in my mind I was thinking the phone would do just fine (cause I was not planning to go to his place)… but I told him I’d call him from work and let him know, that it depended on how much catching up I had to do from leaving work early last week… if you know me, you know that work is NOT my first priority, the moment that excuse came off my lips, I realized that I was done cause I never use work as an excuse unless I’m REALLY trying to get out of something… anyways, I’ll call him later and see if we can meet half way or if he wants to come to Baltimore, I’m not trying to drive the 30 minutes to get to his place…

On a completely different note, I talked to my ex and very good friend, L… L lives in London (no don’t go getting any ideas)… it was cool catching up with him; we talk fairly often actually… When I get to London I will definitely be his side kick for a minute til I get use to things on my own… but he already knows that….

Anyways, I’ll blog about some of the things I saw and experienced in Atlanta thru out this week…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ATL sounds like fun ... it's definitely on my list of places to visit!