Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Just Friends...

So we (RFM and I) finally talked, and much to my amazement it went ok… it went from ok, to bad, to funny, to cool… no need to get into the nitty gritty details… but we discussed things and I said I think we’d be better off as friends… of course we talked about it and he asked where did it come from and I tried to answer his questions as best as possible… and I didn’t have all the answers and I didn’t want to go nit picking about everything that bother me, but I did get a couple of the major things that bothered me off my chest though, which I think he may have needed to hear… but I did it in the most non criticizing, constructive manner that I could… and he took it quite well… and then he started opening up, which felt like miracle to me… we talked about things, said we would be friends (I’m friend’s with most guys that I have ever talked to or dated)… so I told him, he should feel free to be open to me and to having a friendship… that I’ll be there for him cause I do care about him and I do think he’s a great guy… so after all that was said, it was like we were friends immediately… all the posing, all the hesitation was gone, and our conversations flowed so much better and it just felt right again… its weird, I instantly felt comfortable with him on the phone as soon as I put him in the friend’s category… I was able to just be me… goofy, outgoing and normal without hesitation, and it felt great… and it was clear that he let his guard down as well and he was just so laid back and easy going (and for a few minutes there I remembered exactly why I was attracted to him in the first place)… so out of no where he asks if I wanted to hang out tomorrow evening… and well it works for my schedule, so why not… so we’re gonna hang out tonight… and don’t go getting any ideas… we’re just friends… and I’m cool with that for now….

4 comments:

Confused Naija Girl said...

its great that you guys worked out your issues.

Anonymous said...

i smell trouble, but am happy u guys worked it out, now that u guys r friends , u might find out things u wish u never did.

Anonymous said...

lol. you're kidding yourself if you think you are just friends. trust, if you sleep with him, you'll have a friends with benefits situation on your hand.

Discombobulated Diva said...

@CNG... girl, we are trying... hopefully we'll be able to be good friends...

@Anon... doesn't it seem like trouble is always lurking around in those types of situations :-)...

@Anon... you're right and i'm aware of that... i'm trying to be careful about the situation so that we do whats best for both us of... and i don't think a friends with benefit relationship is best...