Friday, July 27, 2007

I forgot...

I literally forgot about my blog in the mist of trying to find a flat, flat mate, a part time job, making decisions and just with getting my life straightened out here in the states before the big move...

I still can't believe that it’s the end of July, and in a few short weeks... I’ll be moving to London...
When I first started contemplating the idea of moving, it was just that an that, an idea… but now that it’s almost reality, I’m excited, nervous, sad, hopefully, encouraged and so much more…

Suddenly its not as important to go out to parties and I’m cooling just hanging with the fam… man, I know I have a very close family, but I just didn’t think I’d get this sad about moving away for a year… as excited as I am about the move, I’m more excited about my family and friends coming to visit… everyone has already started making plans to come and visit in London… While I believe that London is going to be a phenomenal experience, I can’t help but feeling a little sad about being away from my family… this will be the furthest I’ve ever been away from my family for an extended amount of time… and being the baby of the family I enjoy my place in the family and its gonna be hard not to be around my siblings… we hand out every weekend… so that’ll be a change that’ll be hard to get use to…. I think I should buy some stock in phone cards as much as I know my family and I will be using them J….

I’m a little stressed though… I haven’t quite decided what I’m gonna be doing in London… crazy, yeah I know… I’ve been accepted to 4 schools: Manchester U, Imperial College, City U and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (University of London)… and I’ve been accepted in an Internship program that comes with a graduate certificate from Cambridge… Options are great to have, but I’m stressed as to which to do… I’m going to pray on it and just take it from there… either way though, I need to make a decision ASAP… so I’m going to take the weekend to pray and think through all the options available to me and take it from there….

Here’s my update so far… I’ve found a house mate and a house to live… she’s a young Nigerian girl who’s starting med school this fall… and from the interactions we’ve had, she seems pretty cool… someone that I’ll get along with… so I’m very excited about that…

Hope you are all doing well.... I’ll update again soon :-)….

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i understand so much how you feel... things are gettin close here ... and im plannin tryin to get things organized ... and yet things still seem unorganized ...and i feel all over the place ... im so excited though ... and sad and anxious ... but you know all that bittersweet stuff ... keep me posted though on everything ... best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

I am back!!!

Options allow you to make the choices you want. Not ones you are forced into.

Anonymous said...

hope u have a good time in ur new house and with ur house mate

Confused Naija Girl said...

wishing you all the best!!!!!!!

Jameil said...

yay!!! and epsi's right. options are the bomb!! can't wait to have some of my own!

Anonymous said...

oh ur so brave i'm so proud of u.. have a great time over there darlin...