Tuesday, June 19, 2007

smooth sailing...

I’ve been on hiatus for a bit… and now I’m back… let’s see where do I start…

Mr. RFM and I… are…. still together… we’re still working on things and making it work… I have to be honest, for a little bit there I thought that it was about to come to a screeching halt… that things would not be able to be fixed… anyways, after a week of not really talking or communicating, we sat down and had face to face conversation about things… and well it went better then I expected… we have different communication styles… when I have a problem I want to fix it immediately (at least most of the time)…. Where as he wants to take a step back, re-evaluate things, let things calm down and then try to move on (without really discussion)… and I had to let him know that that drives me crazy and that we need to find a compromise to deal with issues… so we talked things out, we both said what we had to say and we kissed and made up… still wasn’t sure if things were back to normal, but as we spent the next couple of days together, things seem to fall right back into place…. And now I feel like we’re actually closer than before… I feel like I can open up more to him then before… which is definitely a good thing…. Things are good… we’re smooth sailing…

Ok… so I know that you’ll have heard of the ‘representative’ in the early stages of the relationship… well I think we’re definitely past that now and we’re comfortable with one another….

At first I didn’t use to think that the whole representative thing exists, you know how people put up an ‘act’ and are on best behavior when you first meet… but I guess it true… but usually the representative is not too far from what the person is really like… I’ve come to the realization that RFM doesn’t know all the sides of me yet… some more pleasant than others… he saw one of them during the argument we had a few weeks ago, but he hasn’t really seen my party side… not to say that I party like that :-)…. But I do like to have a good time… and well he’s gonna get to see that side of me this weekend… he’s turning 25 on Saturday and we’re going to celebrate at Love (Love the Club formerly known as Dream)… anyways, we got a table there and some of my girls are coming thru and a couple of his boys are coming into town to help celebrate… and its gonna be a lot going on that nite… excited cause I haven’t really been out to a club in a minute, just been going to lounges and house parties and the sort… but I’m looking forward to Love, haven’t been there since January of this year, and it use to be my old stomping grounds back in the day…

On to a totally different topic… I’m still scheduled to move to London at the end of the summer for an internship / graduate degree program… I’m currently doing interviews with different companies in hopes that I’ll get an offer… once I get a job offer and get all of that sorted out, things will be more official… but I’m scheduled to leave in 8 ½ weeks… man, that blows my mind… its only 2 months away…. EXCITED!!!

some quotes to think on....

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity. ~General Douglas MacArthur

Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you ready or not, to put this plan into action. ~Napoleon Hill

If you greatly desire something, have the guts to stake everything on obtaining it. ~Brendan Francis

Understand that the right to choose your own path is a sacred privilege. Use it. Dwell in possiblity. ~Oprah Winfrey

No comments: