Friday, April 11, 2008

finding the right spot...

So… the next couple of weeks are gonna be fun… at least I hope so, I’m on a mission to get into some London’s hottest night clubs and find my new hangout spot… I’ve narrowed my list down to 12 places that I must visit before the summer ends… now that may seem like a long time, but the issue is that several of them are known for particular days, there are about 4 or 5 that great on Saturday… and 4 that are great on Friday nights, and the other are random days of the week or special event type places… and I seriously doubt that I will be going over EVERY Friday and Saturday… to be more realistic, I’ll probably go out once during the week and either on Friday or Saturday night (unless I have friends visiting, then its every night they’re in town for :-))… and its starting this weekend… heading out to check this club that my ex, L, told me about a while ago… since I’m on the topic of L (ok, not really a smooth transition, but whatever… btw, ‘But Whatever’ is my new saying… when I’m done with something or tired of dealing with it, I say my peace and end it with ‘but whatever’… ) ok, anyways, back to L… L’s in Nigeria for about a week and a half and well I miss him… not miss him like that, but miss him in the sense that he’s my email buddy, always has been for years ever since we dated back in 2004… its always a nice distraction when I’m emailing L… and my other recent email buddy is between contract jobs, so I can’t email him all days and expect him to sit in from of his computer at home for the sole purpose of replying to me email (I mean I could expect that, but I have a feeling I would be disappointed cause I doubt he’d do it… lol)… anyways, since he’s been going for a week, I’ve emailed him a fews, the first two times was cause I forget he wasn’t around and was wondering why I didn’t see him church and to find out why he hadn’t emailed me… anyways, I realized that when he moves to Nigeria at the end of the year, chances are he probably won’t be my number one email buddy again, unless he gets a good IT job in Nigeria which will allow him to sit in front of the computer and still email me (that would be ideal for me!) otherwise I’ll have to get a new email buddy… I mean I could just walk around the office, but that obviously says ‘I’m not working’ where as emailing people all day can make you appear as though you are working diligently at your desk… well expect for the random burst of laughter that I am prone to having… my email buddies send me the most random and funny things… and my email buddies in the states are 5 hours behind, so that leaves me bored all morning (now that L isn’t around and my other email buddy in London isn’t working at the moment)… I know, I could just do some work to make the time pass by… but Y would I do that??? no, but seriously I actually get a lot of work done between my emails… its amazing how I can multitask when I need to, but some how be completely clueless of my multitasking skills when its not an urgent or relevant matter…

Anyways, I’m rambling… back to my search for the right hangout spot… as I said it starts tonight, and although its raining quite hard at the moment as I look out the window, I don’t care… the rain can’t stop me J… besides, I’ve managed to stay in a good mood despite the fact that I only managed to get about 5 hours of sleep last night cause I went out and about… there’s still something about walking thru Piccadilly circus and Leicester Square at night time with all the lights and people around that fascinates me…. I’m off to focus for these last couple of hours at work before I go running out the door to find a killer outfit for tonight :-) …

No comments: