Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Going with the flow…

Have you ever felt like sometimes you just wanted to go with the flow… and sometimes that’s cool… but exactly when do u stop going with the flow of life and decide exactly what you want for yourself… if you go with the flow, you’re just accepting things as they come, instead of going after the things in life that you truly want and need… same thing with relationships, exactly how long can you go with the flow of things before either rocking the boat by asking what are we doing or where is this going… at the moment, I’m not ready to rock any boats, at least not in the relationship side of things, but I’m not sure if that’s cause I’m comfortable with continuing to go with the flow of things and just let things develop naturally with TA or because I’m not ready to ask those questions cause I’m scared of what the answers maybe… and that worries me… it worried me more before, but now I’m a bit more confident in the sense that even if I did ask those questions and I didn’t get the answers I wanted, truly I’d be disappointed but not devastated… I hope that makes some sense…

For me, I’ll go with the flow for a bit, just til I can decide what I really want or at least realize what I don’t want… that’s how I’ve always been… I don’t always know what I want, but I can usually detect what I don’t want and eliminate it as soon as I can, for me recognizing something I don’t want, helps me to get closer to realizing exactly what I do want… Sometimes I can get comfortable with things and sometimes change is a hassle that I can’t be bothered with, but I guess that’s human nature isn’t it… but I know that sometimes change is necessary, it pushed me to grow and try, it pushed me challenge myself…

"Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings." ~Arthur Rubinstein

"Whatever relationships you have attracted in your life at this moment, are precisely the ones you need in your life at this moment. There is a hidden meaning behind all events, and this hidden meaning is serving your own evolution." ~ Deepak Chopra

4 comments:

Mineexclusively said...

You are one of the blogs I read diligently and I have been following your dating/r'ship stories.

I have learnt in life, if you do not know what you want, you'll never be happy. It is a lot easier to see what you want and like and run with it, than just moving with the flow. This is because, when you start having emotions for the thing or person, it is a lot difficult to see the things we don't want or like. I hope I am making sense.

All the best in all.

Discombobulated Diva said...

@Mineexclusively... thanks, you're right, it definetly made sense... but i still haven't figured out exactly what i want and i don't know how to decide or get to a point where i know what i want...

~DD

desperate lady said...

Thou shalt not go with the flow...DL
Hon u sound kinda bothered, i'm gonna go read ur other post so i can know the kind of person u are.
I think it's best u ask questions so you know exactly where it is you stand than just moving along and then get dissapointed at the end.

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

HHmmmm. Well, I can't speak for anyone but myself on thsi one. To me, life is all about knowing where the limits are. I tend to know just how much of anything I can take and once I reach that limit, I'm done and na war. However, now that I am older, I understand that sometimes have to ignore my limit in order to achieve a goal I am committed to. At those points, I take a deep breath and plow through with God's help.

All that long talk to say, stay focused and pray. God dey.