Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Catching up with Miss DD

So I’ve been MIA for a few reasons… work is killing me slowly (but that should end soon, as I am looking to move on to a better job soon). grad school is starting to take it toll on me, I’ve got this horrible cold/flu which sucks, I’ve been getting back headaches lately, and for a change, TA, hasn’t been stressing me out… I know it’s a bit delayed… but my V-days was really nice… TA come over in the early evening and we spend the evening at my place, we ate, we drank and we talked for hours and hours… it was a nice way to end a stressful weekend, cause the days leading up to V-day weren’t so rosy, but we sorted ourselves out and have a great evening together… Things with TA in general have been going well… I feel like we’re both, or at least I am, trying to see the direction in which things are going with us… just trying to get a feel about my own thoughts of TA and I and the future in general…
Other than that, I’ve been on a mad hunt to find a new job, the project manager and immediate supervisor are probably the worst set of supervisors that I’ve ever had, and I’ve had a few different types… anyways, I dunno if its the culture difference or what, but I can’t deal with them anymore… the funny thing is that as human being, they’re both perfectly fine and I can tolerate them, I can even go as far as saying I can enjoy their company, but when it comes to the project we’re working on, its unbearable for me, and I hate to take the easy way out, but I’m heading towards the door… and I’m not sure if they know it… I would hate for it to be a surprise, but I just can’t deal with it anymore and the situation is just getting worse for me… and well, I gotta do what’s best for me… Just started working on the dissertation for my master’s program… after waiting til the last possible moment to decide on a top, I choose something that seems vaguely interesting and wrote my proposal about… and not I’m waiting to hear about my program director as to whether my topic has been approved or if I have to go back to the drawing board!
I’m still running, I manage to run about 3 miles about 3 to 4 times a week… did I mention I have plans to go to Spain in Earyl-April, and I plan to be laying out on the beach… My cousin goes to grad school in Spain and he's having a party for his girlfriend, so why not go and help them celebrate :-).... so anyways, I need to get myself together so that I can walk on that beach confidently…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your v day went well and I feel ya on Grad School ... though I am a good year away from my dissertation... glad things seem to be going well overall ... have fun in spain... Im sure you'll b fierce on that beach either way it goes...

Anonymous said...

Enjoy Spain!! I hear it is gorgeous. At least the women are....

I have good news!! Check out the blog!!

Ms. emmotions said...

i pray your topic is approved since it wat u have ur mind on, having to dabble into topics that holds no interest can be very ,.,,,tryin

Naijadude said...

Hey hun.. long long long time .. good you are having fun and enjoy your project with ur project managers.. lol..