Tuesday, February 12, 2008

running... thru my mind...

So I went running on Saturday morning… it was such a beautiful day and I was trying to get myself exercising again… so me being me, I pushed myself and ran roughly a little over 3 miles… well, let’s just say it was quite difficult getting out of bed on Sunday morning, which I expected… but then when I rolled over this morning, it was even harder to get out of bed… but seeing at though I had to go to work and I couldn’t call out cause of a few sore muscles, I managed to roll myself out of bed… I’m went running again last night after work and I’m going again this evening… and while I’m looking forward to the exercise, I know it’s going to be torture cause all my muscles are still sore, but I know if I don’t get back out there soon, I won’t be motivated to go again for a while… so wish me luck, and if u don’t hear from me it cause I’m in too much pain to type…
other than that, I had a nice weekend for the most part… just tried to relax and chill… nothing too exciting… I was meant to start working on my proposal for my final project for my masters, and I tried… but being the procrastinator that I am, I found every excuse to do something else but sit down and write my proposal… the other issue is, that well I have NO IDEA about what I want my final project to be on… and did I mention my proposal is due in a week… don’t worry, I’ll get it sorted out (I hope)… I’ll work on it this week and upcoming weekend, well I don’t have a choice since its due next Monday…

I’ve had a lot of things on my mind lately… especially with the whole going with the flow post I made last week… I’m feeling unsure about some things and I personally don’t like that feeling… i want one of those people that like to be in control, that like to know what’s going on and being in a state of limbo is not an ideal position for me… I was talking to one of my good friends, one of the few people I confide in (other than all my blog readers) and we were talking about relationships in general and valentine’s day coming up and so on and so on… and she asked me a random question, she just said do I think TA sacrifices or compromises to meet my needs as much as I do to meet his needs… and of course my initial reaction was to say of course he does, he really cares about me… but I thought for a second and I couldn’t give her a straight forward easy answer… the truth is I don’t think that he does, at least not in the traditional way… I know TA is an individual and he’s a complex one at that (even though he thinks he’s not complicated)… and I know he does try and that sometimes, just sometimes, he does his best… and there’s this old quote that I love that says, just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they’re not loving you the best that they can… and I try to keep that in mind at times, but on the flip side, I don’t know if I can be happy if I don’t have someone to love me the way I need to be loved…. I hope that makes some sense… anyways, Valentine’s day is just a few days away… and I know its not really a big deal, but I really hope he does something nice… to tell you the truth, a card, flowers and a quite evening at home together would be all that it takes to make me happy… I’m ok not going out to dinner, cause I do that with my friends all the time and he’s not a big fan of going out to dinner and that’s fine… I used to say that I demand a lot, but I’ve come to the realization that I don’t really demand that much and it doesn’t take a lot to make me happy in a relationship, but because I’ve always had the impression that I demanded a lot I tend to hold back on asking for a lot (relationship wise), but I realized that because I didn’t demand a lot in a relationship, I got even less… and once you’ve started a pattern with someone its hard to change it…

Anyways, we’ll see what happens v-day… TA says he’s spending the day/evening with his boys and not me… I think he’s just messing with me, but only time will tell… so we shall see…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"just because someone doesn’t love you the way you want them to, doesn’t mean they’re not loving you the best that they can…"

I am definitely borrowing that quote. It is the truth. We all show and demonstrate love differently. As long as we try our best, that is all that matters.

Ms. emmotions said...

well,
val is come and gone, so did he spend it with u?
u naw watt, i think u should concentrate on being happy gal, the compromise thing should be both ways, if u are over doing it, nothing wrong wit it yet, u can try balancing it, just be happy
then ur proposal, am sure u will cope cos u sound so in control,
me i like,
cheers