Monday, December 03, 2007

The Winter Blues...

Well, I finally moved into my own flat, a one bedroom flat in Swiss Cottage/Belsize Park… it’s a great area, very local to everything, and it’s a short commute to work… my apart, at the moment is a disaster! Everything is still packed up in boxes, bags and suitcases… lots of suitcases…. Hmmm, so I’m in the process of trying to sort things, but I know its gonna take a while, hopefully I should have my place sorted out before I leave for Christmas (and don’t ask… I don’t know where I’m going for Christmas yet, don’t have a ticket to Nigeria or to the states, but I know I’m not staying in London without my family, that’s for sure)… anyways, I still need to order my sofa, put my wardrobes together (now, TA offered to help, but since we got into a tiny row yesterday after putting my bed together, well sue me if I’m a bit moody… well there’s no telling if he’ll come around to help with the wardrobes… but I’m a capable woman, so no worries)… I’ve put together lots of Ikea furniture on my own in past, so its not impossible, but it would have been nice to have a man around to help me… or I can always just hire someone to come do it, but the holidays are just around the corner and I’m not trying to spend any unnecessary money… need to buy gifts for the little ones (nieces and nephews J)…

So I’ve been in a funk for the last couple of days, at first thought that it was from the lack of sleep and all the stress from last week with work, school, and moving… I’m sure that added to it, but it doesn’t explain why I’m so gosh darn (not the words I really wanted to use, but can’t be using his name in vain) emotional… No its not me being homesick… No, its not that time of the month… … but it is that time of the year… that time of the year, where its cold outside, it rains a lot, the sun goes down before its even 5pm… its Winter time… and I wish I didn’t have it, but I think I’ve got the winter blues… its not the first time its happened, happened bout 3 years ago in 2004… was overly emotional about any and everything, felt it hard to pull myself together sometimes, hard to participate and so on… and well, it feels like that again… so what’s a girl to do, when all I really wanna do is go back to my flat, lay under my duvet and read a book til I doze off… I’m not the usual me, the happy, fun person to be around… not sure where she went or even where to begin looking for her or me rather…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's called seasonal affective disorder; very common actually.