Thursday, March 13, 2008

friends with an ex...

Friends with the ex… it is possible… at least I think it, actually I don’t think it is, I know it is… I’m friends with most if not all of my exs… the thing for me is that an ex usually get to know me and understands me, so its earlier for me to ask them questions that I can’t ask a close female friend cause they don’t have the same experiences with me and an ex would… like for example, my friends think that I am very outgoing and friendly, whereas my exs tend to think I am flirtatious (and maybe I am), but the perspective is different when it comes from someone you’ve dated in the past… some of my exs turn out to be some of my really good friends simply because they already know me so well and I feel comfortable with turning to them for advice… and in return, my exs know that they can turn to me for advice or whatever cause I know them and can give them my honest opinion because we have a caring, honest, direct and straight forward attitude with one another…

anyways, I’ve always managed to be friends, or at least on good terms, with every guys that I’ve dated in the past, I don’t like burning bridges and obviously I liked you the guy at one point and there was a reason we dated and simply because we decided to go our separate ways doesn’t mean that I still don’t like or appreciate the guy as a person or as a friend… depending on how long you’ve been following my blog, you know that I have an ex in London, L… L and I dated years ago, and since we parted ways we’ve managed to become friends, very good friends… but lets be clear, we’ve friends and nothing more, we’ve never crossed that line since we broke up years ago, we’ve had our opportunities in the past (before I moved to London), but I think we’re both ok with just being friends… anyways, I was talking to a male friend yesterday and he said that type of relationship with my ex would make him a bit uncomfortable especially seeing that L and I didn’t break up on bad terms or over cheating or anything of that sort… and while I do understand his point of view, I still don’t see anything wrong with me and L being friends… I’m not the cheating type and neither is L (as he has a girlfriend, who I think he will probably marry, as they are quite happy together)… so I don’t see the issue… but to be fair, if I was on the other side of the situation and my boyfriend was really good friend with an ex, then I’d probably be a bit worried/jealous, but if I felt I could trust my man, then I’d eventually get over it… or at least I hope I would get over it…

I still talk to like 1 or 2 of my exs on a regular basis, for no other reason than just calling to say hello and see how they’re doing and vice versa… a lot of times, I forget the fact that I’ve dated them and just consider them as my friend and not as an ex… I must also mention that my exs do know that I don’t like to double dip, meaning that once I’ve parted ways with someone I usually don’t tend to attempt to make it work a second time (especially if the reason for us breaking up is a reason that’s unfixable, such as cheating or whatever it may be)… I dunno, I just want to get the thoughts of other people of this subject, my friends (my 2 girls that I always hung out with back in the states) always found it odd that I was able to remain such good friends with my exs, hang out with them and just carry on with a normal friendship with them and have them support me and vice versa… I don’t think it’s odd at all, but that’s just me…

7 comments:

Ms. emmotions said...

being frds with an ex depends on who did the breaking up...lol

abi how do one manage to be frds with someone that dumped u like a pack of shit?

lol, howdy?

Ms. emmotions said...

am so very first !!!!

Mineexclusively said...

DD girl, you fine. I am friend with all my exes. Two are happily married and two are still single.

I don't believe every girl-boy r'ship should lead to marriage, hence why I am friends with them.

Anonymous said...

i dont like remaining friends... cos i dont see the point really.. most of them try to get back but im not the type to.. once its over and done with.. then thats it for me... but its great that you're able to... i kno some ppl who are... and its great.. the guy im talking to now.. i think hes the one id want to be friends with... ok im rambling on this subject.. i think basically.. whatever works for whoever is fine...

Discombobulated Diva said...

@Ms Emotions... its definitely easier if you guys broke up on mututal terms or at least not on bad terms... but surprising enough I still manage to be friends with the exs that that i broke up with on good terms, but it usually takes a while, once i've gotten over my feelings for them and vice versa before we could be friends...

@Mineexclusively... i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only person who stays friends with her exs...

@onb.... I definitely understand where you're coming from... i'm not the type to get back with an ex, and I make that quite clear before I can be friends with them...

Anonymous said...

I dont think being friends with an ex is strange. It shows maturity.

Anonymous said...

http://eekshop.com
Speed as tall as Endurance: This term life insurance makes reference to educate yourself regarding going to be the ability of an athlete maintaining speed exceeding an all in one great distance. This could be a multi functional 200 meter runner at least applied for more information on a multi function sizes collar everywhere over the football that he is under be able for additional details on sprint 60 well significantly more yards without considering they are caught. For athletes which of you need to get together a fast boat endurance they are going to have for more information regarding train appropriately. Tennis players need to get together a fast boat more than ach short span of time distances and keep your torso far better ially performing drills that simulate a lot of these short distances rather than performing 200m or at least 400m runs. Aerobic capacity has to be that ach and every an absolute must have in your a fast boat endurance extramarital relationships as the sometimes you may feel not only can they law both to and from predominantly going to be the anaerobic homemade solar power system systems to the aerobic systems going to be the more time going to be the owned or operated goes for all around the Athletes upon soccer, swimming and cycling not only can they all experience this.